• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,

The new blades and center spindle cut pretty well today.

How do I know when I have enough tension on the belt? Now, the front spring extends when I press against it's pulley a little... maybe 10lbs pressure. So I guess the belt tension is close to the spring's pulling force.

Bob L.
Is there a specific reason that you post the same thing over and over?
Kraig is not generally online after 5:00, so if you want an answer from him, you will have to wait until tomorrow.

Charlie, that short, fast, video clip.. is that also known a a quickie
err.gif

Charlie - Just like we were talking about on the phone last night ... 43 minutes and up pops a repeat ! I think that's a record !!

Ya'll have fun @ PD13 ... watch out about leaving your cubs unattended ... as Travis says, he'll part anything!
jawdrop.gif

Charlie: Thanks for the pics! I'll have to decide if I want to buy one or not. That picture came off of the Swisher website.

Dennis: I doubt I would pull a sweeper behind the rake. My experience has been you spend more time emptying/unclogging it then getting the leaves or grass clippings off the ground
thumbdown.gif

Nice 782D Charlie! I saw it posted for sale a couple days ago and was thinking of responding, but you were already finalizing the sale - must be one of the perks of moderating the board
roflol.gif
lol...

Have a good time at plowday everyone! Maybe one day (year) I'll make it out to one.

Brent

Just in case anyone was wondering.
Plow Day 13 is ON!
The Friday night plow is ON!
And the Saturday Tractor Pulling Sled is ON!

Looks like it's going to be a great time all around.

KEN - I have "PRUNED" a couple trees with My chainsaw....We had four miserable willow trees when We bought the place 14-15 yrs ago....We Now have the correct amount.....ZERO. Just two rotted out stumps about ground level and two stumps maybe an inch tall from last year's "Pruning"
I'll keep ALL the Maple trees however....Gives Me more SEAT TIME on the Cubbies in the fall.
ihrotate.gif
One fall about 4-5 yrs ago WYATT helped Me one Sunday....We threw His 44" mower with GATOR Blades on His 169 and He mowed and chopped leaves and I vacuumed.... I could cover about three times the area because those GATOR Blades turned the dry leaves to DUST... He'd been to a Wisconsin Plow Day the weekend before and He still had FOUR sets of weights on the 169....Outside set of weights stuck beyond the ends of the mower about 6 inches.....
CHARLIE - Your FUEL FILTER should filter out those foreign substances from the fuel....
rofl.gif
Just be careful where You dispose of the used filter....

Have any of you ever rebuilt the hydro lift control valve on a 149? There is a kit available but how difficult is it? Thanks

GOOD NEWS from my doctor,
My spine was not damaged, just pulled every muscle in the middle of my back.
So with a few weeks of no seat time on the cubs and no lifting any thing heaver than 5 pounds for the next 2 weeks I should be back as good as I was befor.
Also a bit smartter. If that is possable.

You all have a good time at plowday, I'll be thinking about you every time I get a shooting pain in my back.

Lonny B.,
Glad to hear you didn't do more damage to your back!

I pulled the muscles in my back years ago and I recall it wasn't a fun time at all -so I feel for ya! "Hydraulic sandwiches" seemed to ease some of the pain, but it still took a good week before I felt good enough to try to do something.... Stay calm & cool, pick up one or two good magazines, a few VHS tapes, and you'll come outta this ok!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Lonny - In Feb. 1986 I tore every muscle in my back from my neck to my tail bone. It gets "redone" very easy now. I can't stand at a sink and wash my hands before I have to lean over on the sink and rest on my elbows because of the pain. Anything else that is more abusive than that is just worse. I laid up for 6 weeks when I first did it. I also have a degenerative spine. ... good luck!

Latest posts

Back