Archive through April 10, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a dumb observation and question...Growing up we had a 147, now I have a 149. I remember coasting down the big hill we had out back with the hydro release lever pulled and letting it go after about 200 mph and it would lock the tires up. Not that that is recommended but we were dumb kids and kids tend to beat their dad's equipment when their dad's aren't home. With my 149, I've never have to pull my release lever to push it around...you can move it around freely. BTW, the 147 ran good until my dad traded it in on a gravely. Never had any hydro problems...Just wondering if they changed something or if my 149 has any problems. Thanks, Nick

Nick,

You lost me with that lock nut post. Why would you ever need a torch to remove a Nyloc?

Jerry

Jerry, I've removed tons of them on big trucks and heavy equipment...once they have been on there for awhile, they want to stay there. You have to heat them up and melt the nylon and then the air gun will buzz them right off.

Thanks everybody for the compliments on my 70. It took a while to clean (sand), prime, paint, and assemble all those pieces, but it was worth it!
bouncy.gif

I would like to thank each and every one who helped me with my questions during the restoration. Without all you guys it would have been very tough tackling this project.
Again, a great big THANKS!!!!
worthy.gif
thumbsup_old.gif
greenthumb.gif
groupwave.gif
thumbsup.gif

Marty - the 70 looks great.

Finally removed front blade and hung the deck but in between the quick-detach of the blade and the not-so-quick-attach of the deck, I took her for a spin around the block.
baldguy.gif

188188.jpg

188189.jpg

Nick, Makes sense now. Our experiences with them are worlds apart. Mine has all been with race cars and automated industrial equipment. The biggest ones I've dealt with are probably 3/4" and they've all been in clean environments (aside from oil). Jerry

Hey guy out of town just got back I will check the points again, and take of the gas cap to see if it works better on my 1450, love the cub, will try and mystery oil in to see if that helps. What do you think of the product from kirk engines, they have a part that totally replaces the ponts and condenser to electonic? any more sugestion are welcomed thanks, I love this forum.

Has anyone ever found the decals for cw and QA 36 snow throwers. There is an INTERNATIONAL like the rottotillers but smaller on each side. ??

Philip - I installed the Kirk Engine electronic trigger and coil on my CC 128 with good results. It does not replace the points but rather reduces the current flow across the points to make it last much longer. It does replace the condenser. The setup allows you to static time the ignition using the LED and timing mark on the flywheel. I like it alot.

Latest posts

Back