• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help! I've got my pin plate installed for my rear lift on the 122 but now when I've got the whole thing together I've got a binding issue. I had to let the lift handle all the way forward (lowered) to get the bolt into the cast lift mechanism. My first thought is to check and see if I can move my pin plate down so as to pivot the back of the lift link up. Possible the fenders have 'slide' down hill, from age and being pushed on causing the lift link and the lift lever to not be properly aligned? I can only pull the handle back about two notches back from the lowered position before it starts to bind, any ideas? Will try and post pics in the morning.

Thanks everyone.

Brian - this look like your lift rod?
54820.jpg

Help a noobie. I have been trying to grade a packed dirt driveway. I got it all dug up but can not get it smooth. It is wavey and then it packs down so it doesn't get better. All i have is a crapsman plow that is now a v plow because it is a piece of tin. I was thinking about draging a piece of chain link fence. Or will a rear grader made from a piece of angle iron work better. I was thinking of adding wings to the grader like a box blade has to help keep it from chattering. I'm including the pic of my inferior plow so you can all laugh along. By the way it's bent even more now.
54823.jpg

I have had really good luck with rail road rail. The piece I pull with my 1250 is about 3 feet long and wieghs about 150 pounds. I blew a couple of holes in it with a torch (good luck trying to drill the web) and ran a four foot peice of chain through it. It works really good. It'll level almost anything in a realy short amount of time. A short chunk of "I" or "H" beam works good to and they are easy to add weight to.

Brian
Loosen the 2 bolts on the small square bracket that bolts to the lift handle, raise the lift handle as far as it will go, snug down the 2 bolts, lower lift handle to lowest setting.
You will need to find a "sweet" spot within the slotted attaching portion of the lift handle to get as much movement of the lift handle as possable. Once the "sweet" spot is found tighten the 2 bolts.
Oh I should mention, if the top bolt is to long it will stick through and rub against the lift bar.
I had the same problem with my old 102 and this is how I fixed the problem.

Tim.
What I have found works best for leveling out a wavie drive is to pull the blade backwards.
Most all push blades are designed to dig and are very hard to keep on the level when being used to push/dig dirt. It can be done but it takes lots and lots and lots of practice.

Denny,

2 Cubs on the trailer behind my '94 Ranger is exactly why my trailer had electric brakes added to it!!!! Little trucks will pull the load, but they sure play hell to stop it!!!!

The difference in control between a Ranger and an F-150 is night and day......I won't be without a full size truck any time soon!!!!

BTW, the new '06 already has 10.5K on it, and I got it brand new on 11/1/06!!!!

The Briggs in the 582 lives!!!....turned over about 3 revolutions to allow the fuel pump to prime the carb and it barked to life. Nice and smooth on idle and rapped out at right around 3750 RPM.

Dropped the engine in, adjusted the clutch and brakes on the new tranny, put all the sheetmetal back on it, cleaned up the garage so the truck would go back in, and then took the 582 for a ride......not bad for 2 hours work!!!!

Charlie,

It does not have the pnuematic tires OR frame which they attach to.

Lonny,

I saw the pic & said that would work awesome on 3.5 acres! I have this type of mower in a push style that my wife bought when she had her own place. I never used one before but was really impressed how well the thing cut!

If I can get a cut like that with these I'll be real happy. The original owner that I got this from was really anal about receipts & along with the 70 cub receipts the receipt from 15 years ago was in there for the sharpening of the unit. LOL, 138.00 to sharpen them! I can believe it since there so big. I'm assuming what I been told holds true they were sharpened used the season & sat in the garage for 15 years. So, the trip around my yard was the first in that long.

I love this old eq. b/c I feel it was made back in the hey day. I've looked in old brochures & seen just about anything you want for a tractor & just anything to do anything. Seems there was allot more willingness to experiment amongst property owners years ago?

Anyway I still need to learn the maintenance on this thing is sharpening etc because I don't have a clue. Thanks again everyone!

Brian,

Those "reel" mowers are great for the grass because it cuts more like sissors instead of the "whipping" action a rotary blade has.

I have a Brower Trplex. It's a 3 gang reel mower, self propelled and belt driven. It cut a 6'6" swath.

The drawback to the reel mowers is if you have a lush heathy lawn, you really have to cut every 2-3 days. If you let it get long, It will mat it down and will look like a bad hair cut. Then you have to wait for it to start to grow back 1-2 days later and cut it in the opposite direction. Been there, done that.

If you have the time to cut, they are great. Also, on mine I have it on the highest height adjustment is (2 3/4"). I like 3 to 3 1/2" myself.

Just got off the phone with Travis, So far so good.
I've got 7" on the ground and he said that it just started with light flurries at his place.
Sooooo, We'll see what today and tonight brings and go from there.
beerchug.gif

Tim,

So, basically mow at the highes setting & reverse direction each time you mow are the words to live by withe these things? Mine is 6' cut & thought it pretty impressive. to mow every 2-3 days that's a bit tough It'll be interesting to see how I work this.

How do I know when there is nothing left of the clutch? The 70 seems to slip something fierce & the 106 was binding up in reverse going up a hill with a small trailer on it. The I realize there is a clutch adjustment screw which I'll manipulate then. But, I just have this feeling the the 106 is going to be more than just that. The dealer said he fixed the bearing but man that thing makes noise. So, it's hard to say just how much issue I have with the 106? The clutch & maybe the bearing? The 70 slipping just tells me it may need adjustment but the clutch maybe finished also.

HHEEELLLPPP!

Bryan R: How's this: It's an official Cub Cadet accessory!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
54846.jpg

54847.jpg
}
54848.jpg

Lonny- You were right on the money, thanks for confirming my suspicions.
worthy.gif

Here is a few pics, I don't know a whole lot when it comes to these little plows so please feel free to critique.
help.gif

54850.jpg

54851.jpg

This is with 4in and the plow adjusted flat to the floor.

54852.jpg

Thanks for everones help!!

Charlie & Tim,

I used the chain method like you guys did to rip large thorny bushes out of the ground. My 128 just chugged along and out they came without a heavy breath from my trusty Cub.

Picking up my new to me 169 (my 2nd) later this week.

Back