• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't see a 169 puller, the 169 in the picture looks stock.

Kraig and Jason - when using a 4 terminal V/R on a 3 terminal application I believe you just leave the L (Load) terminal unused.

In other words, the 4 terminals are marked
B or BAT
G or GEN
F or Field
L or Load
and you just leave the L or Load terminal open/unused.

I think Jason's confusion is that the L or Load terminal is located along the same side as the B or BAT and F or Field terminals, and the G or GEN is either on the back of the V/R or the other side. It's probably only marked with the letter G and many people think this is for ground but it's not. It's for the wire from the Generator terminal marked "A".

Under Edit - what also adds to confusion by people with a 1x8/9 series tractor is they require a V/R with 3 terminals BAT, GEN and Field, and a 4th terminal that should be marked GRD which is the GROUND.

Ok I got the points off today and they were worn so I'm putting on a new set and new.condenser also. The gap is .020 for a k241 ? Will find out soon if this is the reason for gas issue. Thing is it always started right away so I didn't think it was the points. I will keep you all updated as soon as I know if this worked.

thanks for sharing Tom! doesn't look like the kinda crowd that would have someone pony up $1000 for a purty original!

Hi Amy,

The initial gap for the k241 is .020; you should do the "static timing" method to set your final gap.

I did that to my 108, and it starts very easily. It normally starts after 2 revolutions. I used a tutorial compiled by Matt Gonitzke, it was easy to understand, and has pictures as well. Hope this helps!

I have a friend I call over and he is much better than I at setting points. I believe everyone needs someone like that, but I assist in the heavy lifting and dirty job department most of the time so it works out.
Found 2 more 1450's for sale. Maybe I should just collect 1450's instead of trying to aquire the rest of the quiet line...

Hi Earl,

The hardest part about setting them is finding the timing mark on the flywheel. Sometimes it's covered with surface rust so bad you have to pull the cover to find it.

Once I find it, I take a wire wheel and go over it LIGHTLY, then use a marker pen to mark it to make it easier to see in the hole. Then setting the gap is easy as pie!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 108
Kraig - Oh Great One - Keeper of the Photos - Hey where ya at today? I was looking for your response to my info below on the 4 terminal V/R.

Amy - you might want to replace that little points push rod if you haven't changed it for a few decades.

Earl - just get those two 1450s. Remember they ain't making any more!!! And the timing site hole on the K321AQS is on the same side of the engine as the points so that's another nice thing about a 1450 too!!!!

Does anyone know or have any information on how much the the hydro static unit can handle such as horse power limits? What about a the transmission itself?

Latest posts

Back