• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1450 that has a bad headlight switch. I also have a good ignition switch from a 782. I know the 82 series used a position on the ignition switch for the headlights. Is it possible to use the 782 ignition switch in my 1450 and run the headlights off the switch also?

Help gear drive expert, my 1200 seems locked up wont roll even with clutch pushed in and shift stick only wants to go between 1st and rev and it will only drive forward the PO said he did the clutch and throw out bearing? it does have a creeper installed i rove it for a few minutes prior and it did not want to shift so i parked it and now its "locked up" where should i start looking?

Mike M. My first Cub Cadet that my ex and I bought was a 125. It was traded for a 682. After many years passing I was able to get another 125. They are a great little tractor. My 125 is the first Cub Cadet that I took to a Plow Day. Only reason it stayed home this year was I didn't have a way to trailer it. As for which gear drive to add to your collection why stop at one? Clarence is a neat little 102 with creeper and rear pto. I wouldn't trade him for anything. Now if you asked which Cub Cadet is a good tractor to plow with, I'd be hard pressed there. After plowing with the 125, a 1650, and a 782D, and bear in mind those are all hydros....I can only say it is personal preference.

Ron/Marlin thanks for the answers. Now which cc's in the 125 seres are gear drive

Ron you mention tucker tire, where is that?
google finds too many tuckers

Well Keith, sounds like I had better get the chains back on the CCO. No way there is traction with those smooth tires. Plowing might just be fun

Let's see.... If I remember correctly. Gear Drive 1x4 Series..... 72 a 7hp, 104 a 10 hp, 124 a 12 hp. The 1x5 were the hydros of that series.

Good memory Marlin. Now was there any difference in the drive train system in any of those models? 72/104/124

has anyone taken the time to make a list of the models in order from the O/up threw to the red and white.
greenthumb.gif

MIKE M. - Yes, There was. 72's had plain bushings at the ends of the axle carriers. All 10 & 12 HP gear drives had needle roller bearings like all the hydro's at the ends of the axle carriers. But other than that EVERYTHING else is the same. And I have the worn & torn pages from the parts books to prove it!
Took Me forty-one years to need to replace those bushngs.... Got'ta agree with KRAIG - 72/1X4/1X5 series has to be about the BEST CC built since they made so many in so few years until the red 82-series came about. That double-zig-zag grill really makes the tractor!

Jeff Baker, you need to start by removing the shift tower on top of the tranny, sounds like your jammed in between gears and your shifter has popped out of the forks and left you stuck between 1st and reverse. If it is you need to get every thing lined back into place.

Anybody have a picture for Jeff as to what he should see with his top cover removed??

Mick does that require splitting the tractor or just pulling it from the top? does any one have a photo of this?

No need to go any where els for your cub needs. But i do have one more thing. I think this one is for Charley C i wont to post some pic's but they are to big. I no others have had this problem but i didn't get the answer how to fix it. Thanks mike
ihrotate.gif

RICHARD PALMER...OUTSTANDING! I'll be up all night trying to digest all that info.<font size="-2">or at least till the beer runs out</font>

Mike M: - and that question has been answered numerous times, too. You need software that will resize your jpegs to under a 100 KB (and preferably under 640 pixels wide to avoid the old browser stretch problem). My favorite is a small program called "JPEG resizer" (version 2.01) that is free and downloadable from here. There are numerous free software programs that do the trick..
thumbsup.gif

BTW - as good looking as some people (<font size="-2">Kraig)</font> think the 125's face is, rumour has it the series was cut short after the President of IHC saw this
149442.jpg
posted in one of the company restrooms... and couldn't get that goofy look out of his mind....

Mike M.
Also here,
Narrow Frames

70/100
71, 102, 122, 123
72, 104, 105, 124, 125
73, 106, 107, 126, 127, 147

Wide Frames

86, 108, 109, 128, 129, 149
800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, 1650
482, 1282, 582, 682, 782, 982

Back