• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 04, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Harry...

That setup is for using a 38" cub cadet timed deck.
Too bad you don't have the hangers that bolt on the frame Frank..or do you?

Harry, I believe the black S/G first appeared during the 1x6/7 series production run. Some years back, David Kirk posted this photo of the 126 that his parents had purchased brand new. The photo was taken the day it was delivered, note it had a black S/G.

285238.jpg

Do-Dah - curses, ole Eagle Eye failed again.

Kraig - curses, ole Eagle Eye failed again (but at least it ocurred post 100 production and I was only off by 1 model era).

This is how it looks:

285242.jpg

285243.jpg

I've entered a new learning curve with this one. Hank Will calls the 70/100 the Series 2, and I cut my teeth on the 123 on up.
happy.gif

P.S. The S/G is a new replacement (as is the V/R). Came in that way. Not Delco Remy. I gots paint.
happy.gif
happy.gif

I just bought a 72 149 International Cub Cadet. My wife was against me buying it and wanted me to spend 1,200 on a entry level mower, but I bought it anyhow. I like older things as they are built better and I can use this tractor for so much more. I paid 600 for it and it also came with an old trailer and a old Mi-T-Vac leaf vac that runs off of it's original Tecumseh engine. I just love this thing. It doesn't have the hydraulic lift or 3 point hitch, but That can be changed. I would like to get the 3 point hitch, a original trailer, front end loader, and a rototiller. I always loved International as I grew up farming, and now I have an International that fills that gap.

Keith:
groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif

We did it!

I still have a problem with your 149 not having hydraulic lift. Are you sure it's a 149?
happy.gif

Frank, Have fun with Ruth, he sure looks fine. Keith , Good Luck with your new to you 149. Be careful around here you may get yellow fever.

Frank,first off
jawdrop.gif
secondly
drool.gif
thirdly
worthy.gif
congrats glad that 100 with cart found a great home, and tks for pics,

Welcome Keith, 149s are great tractors, would love to see some pics

Frank

What a deal you got. now you have a fine looking trailer also. and thank you for posting the pictures and those brackets for the deck . I think I have a set here and just did not know what tractor they fit. Had my 125 out for a ride today . I think I better let sit till I get the new seat fastened lol. I almost got left sitting in the snow wile the 125 drove away .

Keith, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
Any chance you can post the complete S/N? We might be able to determine if it is in fact a 149. As Frank mentioned, a 149 should have hydraulic lift as standard. It's possible that it's either a 129 or a 169. If it is the later that would be nice.
happy.gif
There should be a serial number something like this: 205xxxxxUxxxxxxxx The S/N is the number after the "U" however, the number preceding the "U" is what is known as the "Kind Code" which can tell us what model the chassis was originally.

Don T - hey you're welcome that I asked Frank to explain what that was.

Frank - boy I have to say those nuts cut into the bracket look like they won't be there long. Just never seen anything quite like that where the metal appears to have been eaten away but the rest of it still looks good - or is there something I'm still not seeing here.

The guy who sold it to me was wrong. It is a 71 built between June and July, and it is a 147. Any other details would be appreciated. I want to add a 3 point hitch and later a front end loader. I need to replace the rear end seals and gaskets as it has a slight leak. How do you reduce photos so that I can post them? I am thinking that this is going to become my hobby. My wife just got me a new air compressor, and I am going to figure out how to use the paint sprayer on this new hell beast. I just love how solid it is.

Keith - your faster on your re=post trigger than me. 2050040 doesn't show up as a Kind Code so we can't tell what your original model is. Could you check the number again and see if it really is 2050041 which would make it a 147. The serial number 394810 identifies it has having been built June 1971 which would be right if it is a 147. The Kohler number you posted may have some transposed numbers. Could you check it and see if it's K301 instead of K130? K301 would be a 12hp engine but you should have a K321 which is a 14hp engine and correct for a 147.

I'm not one that can give you additional details on posting your pics. You do need to get them down to 50 KB or less to get them to post.

The original 14 horse engine was replaced with the 12 HP about 5 years ago. It is correct. The owner told me that when I bought it.

Keith just go to web resizer on google it's the simplest place I have found. Or you can send pics to my email and I will do it for you

Back