• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 03, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
320068.jpg

Charlie, please tell me you are going to be selling those. EDIT: I just checked and you are.
bouncy.gif

I’m guessing the Hy-Tran version isn’t far behind!

I recently sent a copy of the Operator’s Manual for installing the rear PTO on a narrow frame to a friend. My copy originally was downloaded from the manuals section on this site. My friend reported that he was missing page 8 which included illustration #14. I checked my copy and indeed that page is missing. Can anyone help us out with page 8? Thanks.

Paul, here you go. I'll leave it up for a day or so, so that it can be downloaded and then I'll delete it from this forum page. Maybe Charlie can update the file on the manuals section.

Matt G. Thanks. That gives me something to scratch my head about.

Somebody was talking about decals on an original. Here is mine with what I believe to be original lettering and paint except a few touch up spots. They are not stickers.
320079.jpg

320080.jpg

320081.jpg

320082.jpg

Nate B., very nice original Original.
greenthumb.gif

Paul T., thanks for pointing out the missing page.
happy.gif
Oh, and I agree, a Hy-Tran version of the can koozie would be cool too.

Nate, nice O!
Charlie, yes I'll be getting some of those soon. I know several people who would love them, Christmas in, uh, April? Hahahaha. Was hoping to get 1200 mowing ready, but last night snow really set back springtime duties.

1872 oil discharge

I heard of a 1872 that was dumping oil and smoking pretty bad. I would like some information before I put out money on this as I can't see where it is coming out, no strange noises. It looks good otherwise, would like to have it but want some clues as to where the oil is leaking

Out the exhaust? Sounds like a bad carb needle or fuel pump dumping raw gas into the crank case and severely overfilling it. Causes them to blow oil/fuel out the exhaust and smoke like chimenys. Also very hard on rings and cylinder walls.

Pull the stick, if the oil is over full and smells like gas, you know what's up....

Check valves in fuel pump fell out bet the farm on it

Joe - Oil seems to come out of those things either through a crankshaft seal (not through the exhaust in that case), fuel pump leaking into the crankcase or mechanical damage. If it's just a light puff of smoke once in a while, it might be intake valve stem seals. Could also be a stuck breather I suppose.

M18s get taken down by lubrication issues (gas in oil, lack of oil), or by the governor gear stub shaft backing out and dropping the governor gear and flyweights into the engine. You can check that by opening the oil fill cap and seeing if the gears are still there. There's a Kohler notice from back in the day about drilling a hole and pinning the stub shaft to keep it from falling out.

I'd definitely agree Steve and Mike that this one sounds like a fuel pump issue. I'd ask the PO how long it's been doing that so you have an idea of how long it ran with the engine probably not getting proper lubrication.

Latest posts

Back