Archive through April 02, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys im new to the.forum but ive got a question about my 102. I was riding my 102 over to do some trailwork for a friend and out of nowher it stalled out. I restarted it and it runs fine as long as the.clutch is disengaged but even in nuetral if I engage.the clutch it dies out almost as if the brakes were on

Matt.
Sounds likes it's time for a rebuild of the PTO.
I'm sure your going to find pieces missing or locked up when you look at it close or take it off.

The 1200 lives again! I changed out the head from a k321 I had sitting around. If it blows again I'll have the head and block milled. Gasket looked like it blew on the block side this time. I did reference the manuals section for torque specs, etc.
On the rectifier issue. I didn't check it like Steve suggested, I will though. At the battery, my digital meter was spiking around, showing up to 22 volts at high idle with a minimum of 14. I checked the new one and it spiked around a bit too, but only went up to 17 volts. What I'm referring to as 'spiking' is the numbers I see show up on the meter. I may just go pick up an analog meter and review it as well. I found another used rectifier on that same lone engine and popped it on the 1200 with the same results as the new one.

303197.jpg

groupwave.gif

Attachments

• 303197.jpg
    303197.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 121
  • groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 303197.jpg
    303197.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 134
Earl,
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 132
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 128
Matt.does it roll in natural .and in gear with the clutch partly depressed,,,sounds like a trans problem,maybe a seized bearing in the front input.

Earl, sounds like you have an over sensitive digital multi meter......

$10 craftsmen meter. I melted a harbor freight one checking a 110 volt outlet once, never again, even for free...
Road her around awhile, shut off and restarted with no problems thankfully. Almost ready to mow, have to sharpen the blades on the 44. I had another good surprise, left a battery in it and it held full capacity all winter sitting in cold shed!

Charlie, if Matts 102 runs with the clutch in but stops when you let it out, how could it be related to the PTO? The PTO is completely separate from any thing clutch related. Depressing the clutch pedal doesn't affect the PTO operation in the slightest?

Can you clarify?

I agree that's likely a siezed input shaft bearing or trans issue.

Latest posts

Back