• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael.

E-mail them to me and I will post them for you.
E-mail in my profile.

Adrian - It'll sure rattle now with MMO in it. I don't think it's much more than ATF and mineral spirits. I'll never put anything that thin of vescosity in my oil again.

Photo for Michael

81911.jpg

81912.jpg

81913.jpg

Charlie- I think it is safe now for us to remove all snow removal appearal from our cubs since the robin has had 3 snows on his arse!!, at least by my counting since I seen my first one!!!

The robins tail thing won't work for ken and I.We havent had 3 snows all winter. 73here yesterday. My 147 and 169 got to work in the lawn.

Our robins are going to drown if it keeps raining like they say...

I had all three of my Cubs in the garage together the other day. They all played nice and no one got hurt.

A couple of days ago I asked what the thickness should be on the Brinly lift straps. Kraig said at least 3/16". Would 1/4" be overkill? I already have some 1-1/2" wide 1/4" thick steel from when I did the QL engine cradle upgrade.

Having never seen this stuff in person makes it difficult to reproduce things. But I'll keep working on it.

Keith, dang I meant to measure one for you.
bash.gif
I can measure one tonight for you if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Keith, UPDATE! I've just been informed via email that the lift straps are 3/16".

Heavier wouldn't hurt the way we treat our cubs.Wider would help from twisting also

Mike, good point!

In any case, here's an updated drawing.

81918.jpg

Thanks guys! I'll just use the 1/4" I've got. I assume those are 1/2" holes? And Kraig, you said to make a strap with the slots at the top for using a moldboard plow, correct? That should be fun to do without a milling machine... drill several holes and clean it up with a grinder and file, I guess.

It's not only that I'm too cheap to buy these pre-made, I just like to do it myself sometimes. Stress creator/reliever.

Keith-
If you've got a hand-held "jigsaw" you could just drill the outside two holes and "connect the dots" with a metal cutting blade in the saw to make the slotted lift links. It's slow, but it would work.

Touch it up with a file and would probably look <strike>better than</strike> just as good as something Ken could turn out with all of those fancy gizzmos he has in his garage.
dizzy.gif

ah poop. wanted to clean the yard up today. got her started (127) and she was running like crap. it was running full choke and any time i pushed the lever for hydrostatic movement it would bog down i would have to stop and let it run again. it finally died in the yard. it died after about 25 minutes of running full choke at about 3/4 motor speed. checked the gas and it was low enough to stop it from running. ran down to the corner got 3 gallons of 93 octane. put in a full tank and it wouldn't start on full choke. closed the choke and it fired right up. ran perfectly. never even bogged down at all when i went to get any hydrostatic pressure to move.

my long winded question is this i guess. does it sound like i need to clean/rebuild the carb or was it just bad/old gas (87 octane) that was causing it to die out. also should i continue to run 87, 89, 92, or 93. i believe that anything over 89 octane is basically the same as premium (93).

curious for some feedback

theo

What are you complaining for Charlie?
you got a 37+ cub army yes?
lol we got NUTHIN all winter... bummer

Hi all, had no problems with the 100 and the 149 today and did get the tires dirty on the 149 pushing ground with the blade.didn`t have to turn a wrench and they both work great. Later Don T
81930.jpg

Oh i did get the new seat cover( very nice on the buns lol)
81931.jpg

Theodore, The problem could have been the varnish you were tryin to run. Anything over 87 octane is just a waste of money. Higher octane only helps with higher compression.

theo, i would think your engine would die, with bad gas on full choke. i would check for something in the gas tank blocking the gas flow. seems it moved when you put new gas in. that would be the reason you needed full choke. my 2 cents worth. tom b

<font color="0000ff">OK, Don, I'll post. Beaulah's lookin good! I'm sure she appreciates bare ground! If you decide you don't like/want those front tires, I'd buy then back! Need more weight on the rear?
asthanos.gif
</font>

You know,
Sometimes it's the simple things that are just to cool. Course the wife says it doesn't take much to entertain me!
biggrin.gif

81946.jpg

Back