• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Cub Cadet owners and player withers
happy.gif
I'm new to this forum and I have a Cub Cadet that I can't really identify. The engine number is 3002465(Kohler), the deck is 441U1111 and the rearend says 385058R1 with another stamping - 90994. I have looked at a lot of pictures in these number ranges but it seems to be some kind of kitbashed job. I any of you are well experienced with these configurations I sure would like some information. I would like to restore it if possible. One thing wrong that I can tell right off is that the deck doesn't operate up and down like it should even though it appears to be installed properly. It only raises up and down 2" at most, not enough to clear things. There has been some welding down on the piece that mounts it on the rear. That may be the problem but any info or criticism would be appreciated. Here are some pictures to go by.
Thanks, Mecca my email is [email protected]
54268.jpg

54269.jpg

54270.jpg

54271.jpg

54272.jpg

54273.jpg

Glen;
Here are some pix of my weight set-up. I used the existing rear hitch holes for the bracket. In the summer time when I mow, I take the weights off and I can leave the bracket on without any problems. Of course I have the suitcase weights which ease in the removal.

On a side note: it always makes me jealous when I see other projects in process and ones that have been completed (cub grader, 4 wheel drives, articulating cubbies,..). The dedication and interest in Cub Cadets is amazing and is ever growing, which is evident in the number of users and sponsers on this site.
54277.jpg

54278.jpg

Mark L
What you have there is a combination of 2 different cub cadets.
The fender deck and mower deck ar from a different cub cadet.
The frame and grill and hood is the same style used on the 70 & 100 cub cadet.
The fenderdeck and mower deck I am not sure of.

Also when posting photos, make sure to hit the enter key between photos to they stack on top of one another and are not side by side causeing
the screen to go w i d e

Allen,
The pump is driven off the flywheel cup pulley. I modified the mounting to beef up the pulley. My first pulley wobbled out after a season.
54283.jpg

54284.jpg

For you guys thinking about a backhoe for your cub might try and find a Case-Davis D-70 model backhoe. It can be made to fit ver easily. I wish I still had the one I used in the late 70's to deign the frist trailer mounted backhoe. Got rid of it in the late 80's after it sat around for years. Only wish I had had the funds to patent it but I did't and somebody else got credit for it. Also a Cse-Davis Model D-100 might aso work. It was what they used on the 646 case garden tractor.

Looks like I have some work to do before Plow Day.....

54286.jpg

54287.jpg

54288.jpg

582 had the AL rear end with a 17T second.....no good for plowing, I wanted more speed!!! So, it now has a CI rear with a 19T second and a creeper, all freshly rebuilt.

16hp Briggs burned oil like no tomorrow. Turned out to be several oil leaks and some ring wear, so it's getting honed, and partially rebuilt (valves, pistons, rings, honed, etc.). Turns out it has been short blocked at one time already, so the engine is in pretty good shape, rods are perfect! This twin Briggs is actually fairly impressive. It pulled very well at PD last fall, is built fairly well, and even has a STEEL gov. gear!!!!

Parts will be here tomorrow, with any luck it will be back together and running before Easter!!!

So did some prep work on saturday morning
54295.jpg

......6 in the a.m. Im sure that my neighbors love me!

54296.jpg

54297.jpg

I diddent get to get more prep done sunday because my step brother had me weld something up for him on his truck so we traded work and hes only hear till tommorow so we spent the last 2 days changing out a rear engine seal on my jeep so tommorow....

54298.jpg

The paint is going to laid down!!!! BAHAHAH!!!

Mark L:

First, Welcome to the Forum...

You certainly have a "unique" Cub Cadet. I have studied your pictures and determined, the base of your Cub is model 100. The 90994 is the Serial Number and that indicates it was built in 1964.

The mower deck is from a newer series of Cub. The fender pan is from the 1x6/7 Series Cub. The muffler is incorrect for the 100 also.

Look at the following images for your reference..

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back