• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some assistance. Replaced the 10 in my 100 with a 301. Is a new one, ran 30 minutes 4 years ago. Been covered since. Good gas flow to carb. (Walboro) Stated, ran couple minutes the died. Have cleansed the points. Trash in carb? Short of totally removing the carb to clean, anything I forgot? (I hate removing these D things!) Also, is there an "O" ring on the gas line where attachs to carb under the connection nut?
dunno.gif

How can I mount four 75LB elevator counterweights to the back of my cub so that I can still use my hitches?

Lyle - We don't read short hand to well but ... The condensor may have died. I use to have to replace the condensor every year on a welder K241.
Did it die slow like shuting off the gas flow or quick like turning off the key?

Also , No on the gas line O ring.

KKen-I left out I put in 2cc gas in spark plug hole when I put in a new 216 Autolite. It died like when tank empty. Had very little rust particles in bowl. Now what coach? Hate to even think about drasgging out that old 2 wheel walk behind tiller...TIA

Lyle - I have a hunch that your carb is stopped up. Have you tried choking it and looking for gas in the carb throat? If not , hold your palm on the carb throat and crank it and see if your hand gets wet.

I doubt it. They'd have to be up high and that's a no no with that much weight. They'd be perfect though for snowblower counter weight.

Ken - I wonder if he could make some inverted J brackets and use the exiting bolt holes to hang 'em? 1/4 inch plate for the brackets? Maybe pair 'em up with a hanger on each end and all-thread (or just good long bolts cut to length). I get home, I'll find the pic's I posted last year of how I hung a pair either side of the hitch on the 129...
lazerburn.gif

I was thinking that he could try that but I believe that it would be in the way of using the lift wouldn't it? I now for the tow hitch it should be ok. The tow hitch could even be extended out from under them if needed.

You're right - I was only thinking of the tab hitch - here's what I posted a year or so ago...
54246.jpg

This is what I fabbed for the back of the 129..

Glen-
Three options:
1) Sit them on the fenders
2) Make a bracket to come out behind the tires to hang them behind the tire
3) Eat more cookies

Kendell's Option:
Relocate the battery and replace with your piggy bank !

Glen,
You could hang them off the back above the lift like I did with my black flying goat weights.
54249.jpg

Has any one out there ever fixed a leaky gas tank? Or, should I just buy a good used one. Any advice would be welcomed.

Terry B - Is that a hydraulic operated claw on the top of the bucket? That would be great for picking up brush piles.

Mike,
Yes it is.

Ray,
I emptied my tank. I added a bunch of dish washing liquid into the tank. I boiled some water and let it cool for a second before pouring it into the tank. Slosh the water and soup around inside the tank. Pour out the solution and do it again with very hot soapy water. I rinsed mine 5 times. Take the tank outside to solder it so you don't burn your house down. I soldered my tank with a standard plumbing torch and solder. Make sure you don't get the tank too hot or the solder will flow out of the joint making the leak worse.

Terry B - Very nice. If you have some close up pic's of it would you mind posting them. TIA

Glen M.
Your what is it from saturday.
Those are mud paddles, they are designed to puss mud under the tires to aid in traction in muddy fields.
At least that is what I learned from watching RFD-TV

I had a couple of requests for more details on my Cub Original 4x4 project, so I'll post a couple pictures for all. This project has been moth-balled for about a year due to my wife seeking her Masters degree....so guess who watches the kids.
Anyway the axle is from a compact Kubota and really worked out nice. Its steers and articulates more than factory.There are adjustable stops so it never hits the frame (I've got it adjusted about 1/16" away)
I don't have the drive-line done but its pretty well figured out. (I'm still open to suggestions, see me at Iowa Plow Day!)
54253.jpg

54254.jpg

Terry b. From this picture and previous ones posted, I think you have the hydrolic pump driven off the flywheel. With that big a pully (12" ?) and a small one on the pump, arn't you spinning the daylights out of that pump. 3000 RPM on the engine and ??,000 RPM at the pump !

Latest posts

Back