• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Just got off the phone with Cy, AKA Sneaky Pete's Pullers.
http://sneakypetespullers.com/
54172.jpg

Everything is set and ready to go.
We also have the track prep thing worked out.
We will 10 or 12 tractors with 10" plows to make one pass for the track.

ALSO,
Hooking to the sled will require a STOCK rear hitch or a pulling hitch only. So if anyone has a few extras laying around, please bring them for those that don't have one attached already.

Myron,

I didn't catch if they mentioned what part of TX in the news broadcast, but Dad was in Austin last weekend and claimed the rainy weather followed him back here to St Louis, MO. I thought there were a few tornadoes that touched down which is prolly what brought down the Cubshed. There may not have been severe rain.

Sounds great Digger, sure wish I could be there.

I made a new cutting edge for my rear blade. Now if it would only stop raining I could smooth out the driveway ruts. Its been raining for 4 days now and the rain gauge is showing 3 inches of rain. At least its been able to soak in.
54179.jpg

54180.jpg

54181.jpg

Does anyone happen to know if you can purchase the little tabs that are attached to the sealed beam style headlights or do I need to get new lights. I've soldered plenty of them back on but the tractor I'm working came with out them.

Oh, and I did check the CC parts catalog.

NASCAR racing ?? You've got to be kidding.

There's no rain delays in real racing!!!!!!!

I was out in the yard with the camera today and took a picture of some of my tractors. I've got big plans for the 1000 and 1200 this year. The 1000 needs a Carb rebuild, and its missing the PTO. The 1200 needs the plate that disengages the clutch, its so worn that it ruins throw-out bearings. After I tackle those issues I am hoping to repaint and put new decals on.

54193.jpg

That's a beautiful set-up, Terry, but do I spy leaping deer on the weights on the back? ;-) Still, I'd love to have toys like that on my 147 - you got a kit for that?

Terry, I noticed you didnt tell him how much $$ and work goes into one of those loaders. I was thinking about a back hoe for my 147. Found it was cheaper to rent one for the work I need to do. It would have been cool thou.

Finally got the 129 running after I changed out the s/g. Ran at 1/2 throttle for about 5 minutes when something internal let loose. Now engine freewheels.

C.D.L.,
What do you mean, "engine freewheels"?
Are you thinking the connecting rod broke and now the crankshaft spins without any compression resistance?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan W.
What he's sayin is that his piston no longer goes to the top!
biggrin.gif

Of course there are several of us here that have that problem too.
deadat30.gif

MATT C. - Necessary tools for adjusting a plow is a short list....12" Crescent wrench is about all You'll need....Not a bad idea to bring along a putty knife too because if Your plow hasn't been used in a while and is rusty the dirt will stick to the moldboard and make it pull about ten times harder than it should. It'll take a while to get it polished but just keep the built-up dirt off. If Your moldboard isn't shiny enough to be a mirror it isn't polished enough.

Denny, last spring some guys were using a can of Coke to help the plow scour. Just pour a little Coke on the plow share and go. Sounds like a joke but they were saying it actualy worked.
dunno.gif

A good shot of cooking spray works great too. We used it every spring on the farm the first time out.
thumbsup.gif

Kraig,
What happens if you have your plow all greased up from the previous year? Do those little microbs in the coke eat the grease too?
biggrin.gif

Charlie - here's one I posted back in September 1999 that I scanned out of my Farmshow paper. This was in North Dakota.
54235.jpg

Charlie, I dunno? I'm always hiding behind a camera. I was just mentioning what I saw and heard.
happy.gif

Back