• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Antique I.H. Gas Engines

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krandall

displayname
Kurt Randall
Here's a pic of a 1936 I.H.C. L.A. model Gas engine I picked up this weekend at a show...
Anyone else have one {or more} of these laying around? If so are you running anything off the belt pulley? Let's see some pics...
29382.jpg

29383.jpg

29384.jpg

Hey Kurt. It was fun talking to you at Winamac. Did you get this thing running yet? Your wife see it yet too? Hope you aren't sleeping out with the Cubs because of it
happy.gif

Kent

Kent...Yes I did....I got her going tonight...
Had to pull the fuel tank, clean the fuel line, dump in fresh fuel, and crank on the flywheel like a monkey at mating time but I got her to fire...Needs a gasket or two, and a Speed regulator adjustment, not to mention a new straight pipe for the exhaust and it'll be gooder than a government check.....I wish i could
RTFM2.gif
, but there really ain't that many available for a 1936....Had a great time this weekend shooting the breeze with you and the rest of the trouble-makers.....We'll have to get together soon for a bulls
censored.gif
session....And I'll try to help teach your boy <font color="ff0000">right</font> <font color="000000">from</font> <font color="119911">wrong</font>....

(Message edited by krandall on July 19, 2005)

Hey Kurt, what would you do with something like that if you were going to have it as a useful item?

Curt...I don't know yet...The plan is to find something to run off the belt pulley and just use it at antique power shows, can't think of a practical use for it in every day life....Maybe a big squirrel-cage to keep the garage cool in the summer time...No definate plans. just trying to find something unique and different....Like maybe a frosty beverage blender.....
beerchug.gif

Hi Kurt. I've got what I believe to be a LA model engine. Or most of it anyway! Need a head,piston w/rings, conn.rod and some other parts to have a motor. Like you I haven't got a clue as to what I'll run with it but..... Any sources out your way for parts?

Mike

Kurt, how about a corn sheller? Here's one that Doyle Sellers runs off of a Cub.

29456.jpg

29457.jpg

29458.jpg

Come on Kurt....belt up your 59M......nice and safe for shows!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kurt,
If you ever do find a peice of machinery to run on your engine, you'll find that it should make it run better. Those ol' girls were made to work!

Right now , I have a corn sheller, feed griner and hopefully will have the adapter to power my cream separators soon.

Ever hear of the "Hit and Miss" type engines? Those engines would "hit" or fire about every 4-5 strokes until you put some load on the govener.

Hey Kurt why not make an ice cream freezer to belt up to it. My uncle had one and man was that some good homemade ice cream. Maybe the exhaust mixed into the ice cream for added flavor.

Hey Kurt,
I have one of those but mine is an LA model little newer than yours but its complete and runs like a top. Just need to get the time to give it some new red paint and the decals. I also have an owners manuel for it. If you want a copy let me know and I will burn it off at work and send it to you, just shoot me an email with your address.
29484.jpg

29485.jpg

29486.jpg

(Message edited by rtaylor on July 23, 2005)

Picked up a couple new items to help in the LA engine project...A pump jack shaft and a couple of belts...
29828.jpg

29829.jpg

29830.jpg

29831.jpg

Looks like fun Kurt. Will you mount a "dummy" pump and pump water from / to a barrel? That's always good to see.

I got the "package" too by the way. Your too kind!

Yeah Mike...My wife wants to use the whole setup to recirculate water in her pond
bash.gif
Kinda hard to take a pond to an Steam show...
Have'nt got a plan yet just collecting every flat belt part I cand find so I will have some trading stock for things that I really might need....
Glad the Info I sent will help in your decision to rebuild your engine.....KURT

Latest posts

Back