• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A-Frame Adapter Questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgalante

displayname
Stephen Galante
Since I have my 389 (3 point hitch) on my 1512 now, I am waiting to get my hands on an A-Frame adapter. I tried all the advertisers on the forum, and no-one had one available. Carter & Gruenwald will have some in a few weeks. I believe their A-Frame adapter doesn't come with the Plate Stabilizer (Part #7 in the illustration) or the Sleeve Pin (#8 in the illustration). This is a two part question. First, is the Sleeve pin the same diameter as the pin I have left over from the front plow assembly that I have converted to hydraulic turn? Second, is the Plate Stabilizer necessary? If anyone else has a know source for one of these A-Frame adapters that is built strong and adjustable like the Cub Original one, please let me know. I hate to wait almost 3 weeks to try out my new toys.

Thanks again for all your help. SteveG

64198.jpg

Stephen, I do not use the pin or stabilizer with my CatO. If you send me your address and pay for shipping you can have mine.

Guys & Gals,

I have a quick question about the illustration below. Thanks to someone on this forum, I now have an A-Frame adapter. My question, is: What are the #6 bolts in the picture actually used for. I don't have my implements handy, but I looking at the picture, it doesn't seem like they have any useful purpose. Do they hold something on? Also, am I correct in assuming that we are looking at the implement side of the A-Frame (holes in the back, facing the plow)?

One last one. I looked through the FAQ section and saw the picture and read the article about how to adjust your plow. What I didn't see there, was, with this setup, how do you determine which set of holes is the best for actually plowing? I have to assume for all centered implements, that the fixture should be set in the center.

Thanks again to all of you for your help. I want to try out my new toys this weekend. I'll post a picture when I have it all together.

SteveG

Charlie,

Since I don't have the plow at my house (it's still at my fathers garage) I didn't realize that there were holes in the portion that gets held onto the plate. I guess I just assumed that the plow was sort of free flowing and just held on by the pin in the hole. I'll have to look at the implements at my fathers tomorrow and see what it is that these bolts go through. Is that ONLY for the plow, or are all the sleeve hitch implements like that?

Thanks again, SteveG

I use the bolts to hold my Brinly box scraper straight. Also to adjust my plow. You can let your plow swing like Big Steve does and that works fine too. Really, Charlie is right. Once you hang something on there it kinda explains itself.

Thanks guys. Now I see what you mean about those bolts. Man that stuff he has is built like a tank. I'm sure they don't make the plows or discs that heavy anymore. Glad he had this stuff around. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance. Thanks again. SteveG

Does anyone have the drawing and/or dimensions handy for building one of these A-frame adapters? I swear I saw it floating around on here at one time, but I can't find it...

Matt, here are some dimensions I took from my CAT-0 to sleeve hitch adapter a few years back:

bottom portion is 3/8" x 2 -1/2" angle stock 18 -3/8" long and has 9 1/2" dia. holes equally spaced 2" on center

side pieces are made from 2 -1/4" x 3/8" bar stock (if straightened out, they would be 18 -1/8" long)

"top link' holes are 11/16" diameter overall width without lift pins= 19 -1/4"
overall height = 14 -1/8"
height from bottom to center of lower 'top link' hole = 11 -3/8"
height from bottom to center of upper 'top link' hole = 13 -1/4"
width between top pieces where 'top link' connects = 1"
lift pins are 5/8" diameter (standard cat-0 part)
top brace piece is made of 2" x 1/4" bar stock

sleeve adapter portion is made of two pieces of bar stock welded together to form an 'L'

'first piece' is 3" x 1/2" bar stock 5 -1/2" long and is butt welded onto the face of the 'second piece'

'second piece' is 2 -1/4" x 5/16" bar stock 5 -1/2" long

'first piece' has a 3 -3/8" long x 1" O.D. x 11/16" I.D. inserted into it and extending 5/8" beyond has a triangle piece of 5/16" stock as a brace to the pipe

two nuts (9/16-12") are welded to the 'second piece' 2 -3/4" center to center

the sleeve adapter portion is bolted to the main 3-point adapter with two 1/2" bolts through the 'second piece' with 1/2" holes spaced 4" center to
center.

74818.jpg

Matt- some of the sponsors above also sell them so why and try to "reinvent the wheel"?? Think Mike Masherias also makes them.

Yeah, except you have no adjustment if you weld it on, and the one in that lower link looks pretty chintzy.

Scott W.
Links to Cub dealers that screw people out of money don't get their links posted here, Just so you'll know.
thumbsup_old.gif

Scott, the side to side adjustment is nice to have. I had to offset the hitch one position to the right to use my sleeve hitch plow with my AC 620. The AC is larger then a typical garden tractor. Another reason would be to offset a grader blade to allow you to grade closer to a foundation or fence without hitting the foundation or fence with the tractor. I'm sure there are more reasons but those are two that come to mind that I've actually done.

76594.jpg

My C&G unit is well built and is a good value considering the amount of time it would take me to build it. I highly recommend it.
76778.jpg

My test crew also approve and have enjoyed getting it it properly tested prior to spring plow day activities.

Back