• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782D HYDRO PROBLEM

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll second that Charlie!!
beerchug.gif

Hope it's OK if I tag onto a Hydro thread, since the knowledgeable people are all here...
Are the 3 pieces of the suction tube assembly on an early 129(IH-547138R1, IH-9402944 and IH547139-R1) available? I've battled a slow drip on the lower connection off and on since I've had it. Checked with a new to me local CCC dealer and he said it was NLA, but I'm not real confident in the answer. I've gone through the CCC online parts book, but I'd actually have to go through checkout to see if they were available and I was hesitant to actually "check out".. I'm also hesitant to put a wrench to these fittings again without knowing whether I can replace them if I screw 'em up. (And I hate to check with the sponsors just to see if something is available, if the forum group knows - I always feel guilty about taking a parts guy's time up when I might not spend money with 'em)
shame.gif

Roland B. Dang it all anyway. We may butt heads from time to time however YOU still make a LOT of fantastic contributions. PLEASE keep up the great work. If we all agreed on everything then we'd more than likely be seeing and driving them green and yellow critters. AND we truly do need to sometimes agree to disagree in the long run.

Roland:
Thanks a bunch ... I'll try tweaking them tomorrow. Not sure what the guy was looking at - I know he was in a hurry. I'm gonna miss the dealer that I've been using for 20 years..He didn't even need to look in the book ( and probably had the stuff in stock (all gone now, since early summer). I agree with Charlie, also - thanks for the continuing education from <u>all</u> of you guys (the manuals only go so far..)

You're right Marlin. Heck, a while back on the Yesterdays Tractor site, some dude going by 125Hydro told a guy that a hydro pump used on a Cub Cadet had a "accelerator pump" in it....
screwloose.gif

At least the guy was trying to help..............

Wild Bill. In the 15 series Split Type there is an accelerator valve(s). Unfortunately when one looks at the troubleshoot/repair manuals and is trying to write what the manual says then sometimes those things that apply to some or all the pump/motor and transmissions will show up in the troubleshooting sections. You have to remember which to sort out. One of the neat things is when Roland was able to actually post picture of the difference between the ported and non ported hydros and the flow of the system. While others may not have pictures readily available for comparision those were an immediate help. Yes, maybe for a moment or two I was frustrated. I, like all am human. During the week most of my posts are when I am on a wind down from after work and when I am ready to call it quits. Still no excuse. When at work there are definate procedures in troubleshooting problems. That is why I posted what I did. Believe me there has been more than once that I have been asked to explain before I proceed to fix a unit that isn't passing first test. What I am always told is that my facilitator, cell expert, engineer, whoever, is "just checking". Although it may seem a nuisance to some I view it as great training. I've noticed that everyone is treated the same as I am. Same questions. It is called Standard Work. That is why I always try and post the standard recommended procedures for troubleshooting. Maybe these are already a apart of the FAQ section. Maybe not. Maybe the pictures that Roland posted should be part of FAQ along with these procedures. Add to the procedures some why's as to how come by using these steps you can troubleshoot your hydro problems. Don't know just a suggestion.

We all try to speak in whispers (normal voice) almost all the time. When others don't hear and seem to not listen it is then we tend to raise our voices. As children we are all taught to listen a trait that we hold very dear. It is sad that as adults we so many times fail to hear.

One final thing.... that dumb*** guy 125 Hydro.... I know for a fact that he was very tired and to try and explain to someone that you've never met just what to look for is darned hard when you can't judge their mechanical skills by reading their posts. Makes life intresting and scary at times...

Roland, I have not worked on the tractor and am going by what the owner is telling me. He said it operates fine for 10 to 15 minutes and then starts to act up. He bought thr fluid, filter and all other parts from the local dealer. As soon as we agree on a price, I'm going to bring it home and start working on it. I appriciate all of the time and energy everyone has spent trying to help me out. As soon as I find out more info, I'll post my results.

Robert:

No problem. I think you have some information to make an educated purchase. Plan for the worse (repair) and hope of the best.

thumbsup.gif

We are still working on the details. He fell off of a ladder and broke 4 ribs, so he has been working long ours to catch up. We are suppose to talk at Christmas.

Well, I think I am going to have to pass on the 782D. Another family member has involved himself in the situation and is trying to work his own deal.I appreciate all of the help I have been given and hope someday I can repay the knowledge forward. Thanks again, Bob.

Well I did pass on the 782D, but I did buy a 1572D SGT. A friend of mine had it and made me a deal I couldn't pass up. Thanks again for all of the help, Bob.

Robert V. Congratulations!!! Would you be able to post some pictures of it for us? And if you have any questions feel free to ask. There are many very knowledgeable people here that can help you out.

Thanks , Marlin. As soon as I replace my home internet I'll try and post some pics.

A little update on the 782d. My brother in law switched the hydro unit this weekend and that fixed the tractor. He had it checked out and the said the original unit had an internal failure of some sort. He found a Super that had been droped off of a truck nad swithed the complete unit. Runs like a champ now. Thanks again for all of your help, Bob.

Robert V. Maybe by chance we could work out something to get that bad hydro here sometime. I'd like to actually see one up front. 15Us seldom come in and when they do I never hear about them until they've been rebuilt and returned to the customer. Even though I work at the Home of the 15U we don't get any employee discount. So if anyone wants a 15U rebuilt we have to go through a distributor like anyone else.

Marlin, I'll ask him what he is going to do with it, and let you know.

Latest posts

Back