• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 motor mount

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcromley

displayname
troy cromley
hello i just bought a 782.noticed that the motor was loose.is there spacers under all four bolts? i just put about 200.oo in the drive shaft dont want to wreck anything again.qquestion 2 the hydro seems to be jerky. no fluid leaks at all the relief valves are not leaking.should you be able to push the tractor easy?thanks for your help

Troy: Yes, there should be spacers under all four bolts. You are correct, the geometry of the drive train is very important and has been discussed on this Forum before by Steve Blunier (both of them). After experiencing what I consider premature wear on my flange bearing, I'm finally breaking down and ordering bonafide Cub Cadet spacers from CCSpecialties (see pic below). I was also counseled to grease the flange bearing lightly upon installation. Check the FAQs about the jerky motion on your hydro, it will tell you how to fix the trunnion, very important and common repair for a hydrostatic transmission.

Spacer (Replaces Part Number IH-314148-R1):
261136.jpg

I took those spacers out of all 3 of my 82 series tractors. 2 of them have CV driveshafts so a slight misalignment is ok with me. Secondly, when I got all 3 tractors the engine was loose and those spacers had managed to eat halfway through the engine mounting tabs and 1/8" into the steel mounting plate. I wasn't going to weld up all that mess. I put one big flat steel washer where the spacers goes installed new bolts, washers, and steel lock nuts.

I don't like those spacers.... Not at all.

Latest posts

Back