• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 carb replacement

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbauer

displayname
Steven Bauer
I woke up the other morning and my cub smelled like gas. I beleive that the float stuck open on the and it filed the crankcase. I drained all the fluids and pulled the old carb off and found that it was a Walbro. WhenI removed the bowl i found that the casting were the pin goes through for holding the float had been JB Welded on one side of the casting. Some people. I am looking for a diferent carb for it now and have been advised to switch to a Carter over the Walbro. Anyone have a thought.

Steven first I must say I like your floor and tractor, and you could post on main page. unless its after 81 year but then no one would know any way.

I would go with a carter mine have all been trouble free aside from owner error.

sponsers above should have new and used carbs and parts give them a try.

matt g did a great right up on rebuilding them not to long ago

Thanks Jeff.

Mine is and '85. but most of the time i do post on the main page.

Latest posts

Back