• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Husqvarna - kohler command carb issue "I think

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfitzwater

displayname
Patrick James Fitzwater
Hey everybody. My father gave me a Husqvarna with a Kohler command 13 engine. last spring it started up ok on the choke but had to everytime. "cold blooded". Went to start it over the winter once and drove it down the drive but then died. pushed it back in the garage and it sat till spring.

I ended up having to drain the fuel and it was able to fire on the choke, but as soon as I took it off choke it died instantly. I managed to get it running on choke only but now it wont even run on the choke.

Here is what I've done:
1.From what I understand, determined that its a fuel issue since it will fire with help of carb cleaner sprayed into the carb.
2.Checked the solenoid and it is operating when touching the battery, and can hear it click from the key
3.traced the fuel and confirmed fuel is going into the bowl of the carb.

I took the carb apart and noticed some sediment in the bottom of the bowl, I haven't been able to find any manuals or help otherwise from the net on taking these carbs apart completely and cleaning them. I found one similar but its not the same model. only thing I see on the carb are three sets of numbers.

C128051
57Z

When I told my dad what was going on he said it was doing the same thing for him before giving it to me, but he was able to get it started after playing with it for some time. He changed the filter -not sure if its the right one, I've heard it matters with these. and changed the fuel pump.

So, any advise or help on taking these carbs apart, or if I missed anything. Am I even on the right track? any thing would be appreciated.

Back