• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

482 snow blower question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwhalen

displayname
pete whalen
Hey I just got a 482 Cub, came with a grass deck hooked up and working with the electric pto. I also got a snow blower attachment with it and would like to use the blower. I'm having trouble seeing how it attaches after taking the deck off. Do I need a different set of pulleys on the front of the tractor? It also looks like I need different mounts up front, do I? Does anyone know where I can get these. I can post pics if needed.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Pete, welcome!
groupwave.gif
I believe there are a couple of snowblowers/throwers that could attach to the 482, if you post photos of the snowblower and tractor we can likely ID what snowblower you have and get you set up.

The same snow blower is used on the 482 as on the other Red series tractors, so you would be best served with a single stage blower as you have manual lift and lower power. I think a QA42A is what you want, correct me if wrong guys.

Jim, a QA36B would be the proper single stage snow THROWER. The B models have the 5/8" pulley and the curved upper links to clear the lower grill housing. Pete states that he has a snowblower for his 482 but he does not state the model, it could be the QA36B or it could also be an H42 single stage snowthrower.
dunno.gif
dizzy.gif

169852.jpg

Above is, I believe, an H-48, however the H-42 looks nearly the same.

169853.jpg

Above is a QA36B. Please note that the owner of this one (Steve B.) changed the pulley on it to a 3/8" in order to run it on a 1x8/9 series Cub Cadet and flipped the curved top links upside down so that the curve is pointing up, as it's easier to mount them on a 1x8/9 series with them in this position. On an 82 series the curve would be pointing down.

Thanks guys i'll post some pictures in a bit. My stuff looks alittle different but the pics will show you.

Latest posts

Back