• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

46GT deck vs. 44C

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
I have the opportunity to get a 46GT deck at a reasonable price. I want to put this under my 1811, would this be an upgrade from the 44C in terms of cut quality?

I have two tractors with 48GT decks and personally I wouldn't have any other way. From what I have seen from the GT decks is that they are deeper than other decks so it gives more space to throw the grass clippings up to discharge them out the side with less clumping up in taller grass. Hope this helps you out.

48 or 54 = huge upgrade (I run 54GTs), but 46 vs 44 will be same same in my book.

I'd save the $$$$, tune up the 44 and install Gators if it were mine.......

Thanks for the input. I remembered reading that one of the 'GT' decks was good, couldn't remember which one(s). I'll hang on to what I got for now and keep my eyes open for a 48GT or 54GT some day.

Note, 54GTs decks must be "shoehorned" under an 82 series......it's tight and you don't clear by much!

Steve, do you know how a 48" fits under an 82? I've got a 54" on one of my rides and really like the deck but with such a tight fit maybe a 48" would be easier?

Never have had a 48 stuck under anything older......

I have a 1864 which use the same frame and mule drive as the 82 series and I have no problems with fitment on the 48GT deck.

Joe, the 48" & 54" GT decks use a different rear lift fork on the mule than the 44/50c decks. The 1864 front axle is swept forward (and the tractor sits higher) compared with the 82 series too. I'm just trying to figure out if the 48" is a little shorter/narrower front-to-back (than a 54") and thus an easier fit on an 82. I need another good deck for one of my 7s and 50c's are hard to find around here, and really if I can stick a 48GT under it without much trouble I'd rather do that anyway.

Thanks Joe, now you're going to make me get out of my chair and be useful today, LOL. I have seen that pic before, pretty sure that is Steve's tractor. I'm not sure if that is the OEM axle or swept forward axle? I'm going to have to start looking a little harder for a deck now.

Lol you will have it easy as of work goes for today with that project I have to go thru my whole wiring harnesses on my 2185 to figure out why there is no power anywhere.

Yes, it is my 782, stock axle, 10.50 rubber.....tight fit, had to modify front lip of deck.

298753.jpg

298754.jpg

298755.jpg

298756.jpg

298757.jpg

298758.jpg

298759.jpg

The 46GT will be much better in terms of cut quality than a 44C, in my opinion. As an added bonus, you can add a bagger to it if you have the need.

I have owned many 48 and 54" decks for the later Cubs you refer to. The 54" is far superior in cut quality over the 48, to be honest. Yes, they really work well.
As far as the 44C vs. the 46" deck, I agree with Matt that the 46" will give a somewhat nicer cut, but it is not in the same league as the 54, or even the 48. Those rock!

Steve... Isn't that an old photo? I thought your 782 was now on 26" rubber, power steering with swept forward axle... Your making it hard for me keep you with your toy collection.

I run the 46GT deck on both the 1810 and the 782D.
Some called it the high lift deck. Uses the high lift blades. Great in the fall for collecting leaves. On the 1810 use the 102" belt but on the diesel I use the 101" belt. As the shorter belt lines up the tensioner pulley on the mule drive better.
1810 standard lawn tires. 782D ags on the back and V61 on the front with a 1864 front axle.

That was 782 #2, which now lives near Chicago with another cub collector.

My 782 is on 26" rubber with super steer and power steering. 54 deck lives under it and it is my son's primary mower for his lawn mowing jobs. Dad drives the 982/2072 with 60"Haban or the ztr with 54" deck....

Latest posts

Back