• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

44c Deck Spindles

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBH

displayname
OBH
I'm trying to piece together a working mower deck for my 1650, when I bought the tractor it came with a nice 44c shell with no spindles. I have a 38" deck with what appears to be decent spindles and pulleys from a 149. Aside of the belt width issues is there an reason I couldn't install the spindles from the 38" deck in the 44c? New spindles from Cub Cadet are $275.

Last edited:
Shop R.F. Houtz above, or wanted classifieds. 38” decks are delta shaped With a long center blade, and two shorter blades at the outsides. 44” decks have three identical blades. Pulley sizes will be different even if they use the same spindles.

You could do some research at the parts lookup to see what parts may be in common, and what parts are not.

Thanks Jim, your right I finally had a few minutes yesterday to pull the 38"deck from storage and realized the pulleys are in fact different sizes. When I have time I will pull the spindles and see if they are similar or not. I've been on the lookout on Craigslist for a deck or spindles, unfortunately nothing close to home as of yet. Price of gas these days is starting to shorten my parts-finding range.

Back