• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 blower vs. 451 blower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsoccorso

displayname
Dan Soccorso
Could somebody explain the difference in the two blowers 450 and 451? I have a 451, but no tractor to fit it. Upon looking up tractor model numbers that used this 451 blower, I see the 450 list too. But I can't determine the difference, so my other question is could I use a tractor that attached to the 450 blower?

Dan Soccorso

That is a simple thing to do , a 450 snow blower were built for a smaller dia pto (electric). The 451 was built for a large PTO . Both were geared to have the same impeller speed. In some tractors the PTO size was change in a production year and that is why you will see the two blowers listed for a one year period , accurate as to what years this happened depends on the serial number and model.
old.gif

Dan, to add to your 451 model info...Go to Cub Cadet parts Lookup (Box near top of this page),insert model# 1862(called Cyclops model)as an example. Click on Attachments category,the serial # 821,060 and above use a 451. Serial #'s below use a 450. Like previous post,the higher serial #'s use 6" PTO clutch pulley & #'s 821,059 & below use 4 5/8" PTO clutch pulley.
Shift.gif

Okay. I looked up the model numbers and realize how the diff. blowers are listed to fit the tractor. And after hours of studying the two blower specs. noticed that the gear box of the 450 gears are 15t & 28t. The 451 gear has 12t & 31t. But the belt pullys on both units are the same dia. Just wondering if the PTO pully dia. size could be changed to compensate for the difference in gear box? Anybody know? How would I size the pully so everything would spin at the right RPM?

Latest posts

Back