• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

389 Category "0" reverse engineering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
74200.jpg

I'm attempting to reverse-engineer the 389 hitch so I can build one for my 782D and possibly other tractors. I need to calculate the force on the hitch's rockshaft, and to do that, I need to know the length of the lower arms from center to center, the distance between the center of the end of the arm that attaches to the tractor and the center of the hole where the lift link attaches, and the distance from the center of the hitch rockshaft to the center of the hole on the lift arm that is welded to to it. Hopefully the above image should help you see what I'm asking. Thanks! This'll be the first of many questions I'm sure.

Hi, Just went out and measured the three point that on my 1712. This is what I get.

Lower arm Center to Center = 17 inches
Lower arm Center to Lift Link = 6 inches
Rockershaft center to lift Link = 4 1/2 inches

The only thing that is not factory on my three point is the lower arms. The man that I got them off of said that they are build to match the factory arm. seeing that I never seen a factory lower arm I don't know. Hope this helps.

Hi, Just went out and measured the three point that on my 1712. This is what I get.

Lower arm Center to Center = 17 inches
Lower arm Center to Lift Link = 6 inches
Rockershaft center to lift Link = 4 1/2 inches

The only thing that is not factory on my three point is the lower arms. The man that I got them off of said that they are build to match the factory arm. seeing that I never seen a factory lower arm I don't know. Hope this helps.

Matthew W.-

Thanks, that pretty much confirmed what I figured out by scaling a picture
happy.gif

Now, for my next problem....

74242.jpg

What I have that I thought was #5 in my first drawing, minus the rockshaft, is actually #11 in this drawing. They aren't the same. On ebay a few weeks ago there was this plate that looks like #5 in the 3-point drawing, but without the rockshaft. It is similar to the part below drawn with hidden lines, and as the part on ebay was listed as part of a bagger, I suspect this is what I need. Anyone ever seen anything like that, have a part number, or know where I might find one?

74243.jpg

Thanks!

Matt I already have done that have the jigs for finishing the bagger frames into Cat-O hitches .I made some but no one wants to pay for them on Ebay so I just sold them to guys I know.I have 4-3 frames that could be made into them and bent up 10 that have to have the holes put in them.Not much market for them also have a jig for Cat-O for the Supers,

worthy.gif
.....Mike Masheris!! My e-mails keep bouncing back. Will you PLEASE call me, I have free long distance, I will call you back!..."hitch parts" 740-398-9836...Please and Thank You.

I have a Mike M. 3 point on my 782. It is great!! Well worth the money.

There aren't any more in the factory Ken Updike and me got the last 9 from the factory and they are not making any more.They show on ebay once in a while.There are some NOS ones floating around on dealers shelfs.They put them on the rear to stiffen up the frame.

Thanks to Glen E. I now have the elusive bagger plate. I just got it drawn up in my CAD software, and here's my current progress:
74528.jpg

I finally got this completely drawn up. Hopefully I can get this built this summer. Thanks Aaron Schmidt for those extra dimensions that I didn't have.

82182.jpg

Latest posts

Back