• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2182 Wire Diagram

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlebakken

displayname
Roger Lebakken
My recently acquired 2182 needs a new ignition switch. The problem is there is no plastic to hold the wires in the proper position and some wires were removed without noting and recording which contact they went to (my bad).

If someone can point me to a web site with the diagram that would be great. An alternative would be matching the wire color to function (e.g., Red = Battery, Red/Black = Starter).

Thanks

Digger,

Thanks for the fast response. I will be able to get back to mowing when the new switch arrives.

It is amazing where a troublesome starter will lead one when diagnosing a problem. The starter would click multiple times before it would turn and start the tractor. Problem traced to low voltage (5 volts) being applied to the magnetic switch. Working backward through the safety swich, PTO switch, and finally to the ingition switch, 12 volts applied to the Red/Black wire resulted in proper operation of the starter. It is amazing what rust will do.

Thanks again,

Roger

Back