• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2155 makeover

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhiemstra

displayname
Rodney J Hiemstra
Okay so I know the 2155 is probably not a favorite of the restorers here as it is a newer Cub but I picked up a sorry looking one and want to make it ,,,, well not like new but something I can be proud of. Any comments on this and all help will be appreciated. First out of the gate how to attach and remove the side sheilds.Can't seem to find much on this in the downloaded operators manual.

Okay, got the side shields to stay put for the moment and now have a question of a more serious nature. It appears that from what I read on google that I have a pressure relief valve that might need repaired as the tractor leaks fluid while setting still in the shed. My question is, is it safe to work the tractor without fixing this immediately or will it leak enough while being worked to possibly cause damage?

Rodney: I've not heard of a relief valve (if that's what it is) leaking enough to keep a tractor from being worked; but often it keeps it from moving forward or backward, so "working" it becomes something of a challenge.
smile.gif

Seriously, try it out. If it is leaking badly enough, you should know it, because there will be Hytran everywhere.

Thanks for the input Jeremiah. I have no problem getting it to move I just was concerned that it might leak enough to cause a problem.

Well folks I must say the old girl has impressed me! I originally purchased the 2155 (very cheaply) because I have a gravel lane and no way to maintain it. I had been seeing all these advertisements for the DR Power Grader telling how this thing could be used behind a lawn tractor and was seeing the possibilities in that. The folks who know me however know the Dutch in me wasn't going to allow me to spend that kind of money. I instead devised my own device to torture a lawn tractor and acquired the 2155 as an experiment to see if it could be done. To make a long story short the old girl walks around with this thing like "what there is something back there?". It is trying to convince me I think that there is still more than a little Farmall in her soul. Now I just guess I have no excuse not to deuglifie it.

Back