• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1A? Tiller on a 1512

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven G, Roland.... Has any one actually looked at a 1A tiller installed?? If so, ya might deduct that that 19x-372-100 package just might be the 90* gear box and belt guide, etc....The 90* gear box is the only thing not listed in that chart....

Sooo.... Steven, you will absolutely need that lower bracket to mount the 90* gear box to. The tiller itself mounts to the 90* gear box. This is certainly gonna require an even longer PTO belt and a belt guide.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Steven G: I believe that there should also be an "A" shaped, or perhaps an inverted "U" shaped bracket, that connects the three points of the lift, straddling the 90* gear box, and has a connecting point at the top for the lift chains of the 1A Tiller to lift the tiller as required(manual or hydraulic). This should be a fairly easy fabrication if you can't find one.

Myron B

Stephen,
Go take a look at the parts lookup for the 2B tiller. It's under the hitch and shields section. Clearly shows it all. There is a bracket that bolts to the 3 point plate. On bolts to the gearbox mount, two lift straps, and a different lower hitch for the tiller itself. Then a long belt that as far as I know is NLA. If I get the stuff dug out sometime I will take pictures of mine. It is really burried right now.

Thanks everyone. The guy that had a part for it only had Part #1 in the 2B "Hitch & Shields" picture. I guess if I have the chance to find an entire 372 kit and a good 2B tiller, I may just take the plunge. For now, I'm going to have to rely on my plow, disc harrow, cultivator, and my rear-tine "walk-behind" tiller. If I had another tractor (an older IH, with the "old style" 3 point hitch), I may consider getting a tiller setup. Without the modifications that Charlie showed in a thread awhile back, it looks like a pain to switch from implement to implement on 1 tractor.

John, if you do get a chance (someday) I'd love to see pictures of your setup. You can send them right to the email listed on my profile page.

Thanks again, SteveG

I've got one on a #2 tiller.

It's a pretty simple setup, if I'm out in the barn I'll take a picture of it for you.

I performed a little bit of 'engineering' on my 1712, and now have an IH 3 point in use, with an aluminum transaxle housing

89588.jpg

89589.jpg

The -plate- is a part used with a rear bagger (or so I have been told) I had to cut the slot and a hole, for the travel of the upper casting, and drill the holes for the lower 3 point bracket.

You would need to add the holes for the top bolt on each side of the 90* gearbox in addition to the 3 lower bracket holes....and locate a proper length 5/8" belt.

Bill C.-

It wouldn't be as simple as that on a diesel, as the fuel tank is where the upper casting of the IH 3-point goes. There is an adapter kit to put an IH 3-point and tiller on a diesel, but I've only see pictures of one.

Thanks for the info Matt. I've never seen a CC diesel in person, and didn't know that the fuel tank
was located in the back.........

Latest posts

Back