• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 rear lift

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwarfle

displayname
paul warfle
Were the single point lifts ever offered on the Super Garden's? If not, will it bolt up? The only thing I think would have to be modified from the standard 782 lift is the lift arm would have to be lengthened.
If the lift was offered I assume a belt was/is available for a #1 Tiller.

It can be done, but it isn't a straight bolt up. The SGT rear frame is notched where the upper casting would usually bolt up, clearanced for the cat 0 3pt.
1/2" bar stock can be bolted to the frame rails with a welded brace over the top. This can be fabricated to support the casting. Then all that is necessary is the lower bracket and a new longer lift rod.

I have done one for myself, and dad has put 2 on his machines based on mine.

313703.jpg

313704.jpg

313705.jpg

Tiller wasn't an option, due to the AL rear end on most SGT's........I guess it could be done with a LOOOOOOOOOOONG Belt.......

I run a #2 tiller on my SGT, but it has a Cat 0 3pt and has been modified with the adapter package (fabricated) and an idler pulley in the middle of the belt run (based off of a mower subframe and center spindle from a 44/50 mower.

Tiller has extra extensions so it is now 50" wide too.......

Hi Steve, Your hitch looks quite similar to what I made for my late 982. Great minds.....or whatever, right? I continued the two vertical bars down and created a new drawbar from it too. It is much more robust than the factory drawbar, which was rated for a 35# max. load.

Wish that I had pictures, but that 982 is long gone due to a divorce, darnit all!

Jim,

Let's not talk great minds or we'll both be in trouble!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Adding support to the lower hitch from the sides is an excellent idea, I'll bet it worked slick!!!

Great info Steve. Really appreciate it. My neighbor is interested in purchasing a 1872 from me, but we are looking at lift options for him. I have a wide frame single point from a 782.

Would the "factory" tiller for a 1872 be a 3 pt / shaft drive, or have it's own power plant? Someone told me all Supers have a shaft out of top of rear - to add a rear PTO option. I think that type of tiller will be hard to find in Mi and be pricy.

Would the "factory" tiller for a 1872 be a 3 pt / shaft drive, or have it's own power plant? Someone told me all Supers have a shaft out of top of rear - to add a rear PTO option. I think that type of tiller will be hard to find in Mi and be pricy.

Either the 48" Haban cat 0 2000rpm tiller, or the 42" Bush Hog cat 0 2000rpm version.

All supers have splined hydros with splined rear output stubs for adding the 2000 rpm pto option.

Latest posts

Back