IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Seems a guy here posted a local add to sell his 1863 . He says was working fine till the trans gave out. I was thinking and older Cub hydro might work ??? I think the spline on the end of the hydro pump might be different. I think I will buy it and repair the pump , can not be much different than a cub hydro ? Later Don T

1a_scratchhead.gif
bash.gif

I thought Don just had some extra typing he needed to deposit somewhere ...
popcorn1.gif

Let's see now if this works. There appears to be two different types of 1863s according to the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup. Model 1863 Hydro transmission versus a Cub Cadet hydro.

For starters the 1863 appears to have the BDU21L Series hydro versus the BDU15L Series. Now for hookup or bolt on that I am not sure of. To see if they would interchange as far as bolt on from one to replace the other I believe that I would Contact Hydro Gear and request a Service and Repair Manual for the BDU10 and BDU21 Series. They are basically the same as the 15 Series only different parts.

To me that is the easiest solution. I apologize however I don't work around the 21 or 10 Series. They are made in Sullivan, Illinois. I hope this helps. Now .... here is another thing... Try our sponsors above. We KNOW they sell top notch used parts. One of them may have a good used transmission for you.

I sure hope this helps out a little....

Got a call from the PO , he told me the dipstick fell into the rear end a broke the gears. I was thinking of buying the tractor and installing a rear end off a 104 and the hydro .I would think I could switch rears and have a tractor with a 18 hp.I think it would be better if I had a gear drive to install. A 18 hp gear drive would be different. But I can`t get him down from $500.00 and it needs a seat and probably more than that. I think I will let it pass unless he takes my offer.
230292.gif

Yesterday I was mowing and had to stop to clear the grass chute. The mower would not start again. I would get 2 clicks only. The dash board lights would light. Later I was able to get it to start but it would shut off after a second or two. We checked the battery, starter, solonoid to no avail. It has a new ignition coil, spark plugs,fuel pump, and fuel line filter.Any suggestions?

Sue: I wonder if your grounds are in good shape and if all your interlocks are working.

I think your tractor has interlocks for both reverse and PTO operation with at least two relays in-line, plus the seat relay. It is a lot of trouble to trouble-shoot, but you could try by-passing each one in turn with a jumper wire.

Just a thought.

Below is the wiring diagram for a Model 1863 as clipped from the "Manuals" section of this forum. I don't have the time to study it before I go to work to recommend specific instructions for troubleshooting, but it should get you started.

The other option is to take it in for service $$$.

243518.jpg

Sue B. Hunt

Also unplug the electric PTO and see if it will start. They can stick and cause a no start.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back