• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1862 mower deck ( grease plugged )

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
None of the spindles for the blades on the deck will take any grease ; I`am thinking I will need to take them all apart and clean them up. Could it be that the grease has gone hard . I did push don on the ball in the fitting and it moved freely so ?? what next guys. and I do think three spindles on this deck will take me some time to get grease moving again . and Ideas on time guys ?

Don, from Northern Tool catalog I got a rig that uses "hydraulic" pressure from a swinging press to clear frozen grease zerks.

essentially it is a piston and cylinder that slide apart on one end and you fill it with your grease of choice and slip it back together, the other end has the coupler that slips onto the zerk and once the swinging press applies force.. the joint is usually receptive and flows grease easily.. I also use a lite number 1 grease in this to make it easier to flow.

If you have a friend with a lathe / shop I'm certain you could whip one up in no time. It's so simple it's slick! Pun intended! LOL..

Mike

I took your advice and I`am have a tool made by a friend so I can get the grease moving again. Thanks for the info .
thumbsup.gif

remove grease fitting and run a drill bit down to clean out, or put a little heat on the spindle shaft , will loosen dried grease, be carefull not to burn up the seals on the bearing

almost forgot, try turning the spindle shaft while keeping pressure on the grease gun handle, some times while turning the shaft and pumping grease in will get it going, common problems with heavy equipment, be sure you have a good grease gun

Thanks for the post on the old grease removal tool. Just another tool for my tool box that I think will get some use.

Latest posts

Back