• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1862 carburetor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcamille

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Gary Camille
Bought my 1862 last summer. After sitting for the winter, was going to bring it inside to do springtime maintenance.
It took just a little bit to get gas primed up to carburetor, but started fine. Let idle and get warmed up. Started to drive it inside the garage, and it died.
Then I could smell gas. Pulled the air filter off and could see debris inside the filter base plate. Then noticed the tube between the filter base plate and engine
was not connected. So believe debris got into the carburetor, if not engine. Fuel was heavy at elbow going to carburetor, would start and run high rpms
but flood out at low idle.
Figure Carb needed rebuilt. Does this carb have a float that can be stuck ? Or what else could cause it to flood ?
What carburetor is this and where to get a kit for it ?
Thanks Gary

Back