1811 oil light

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rware

displayname
Ronald L Ware
Oil light stays on after starting tractor, how is best way to check for short. I put test light from battery to sensor and the test light went out after I started Tractor.

Switch opens with pressure, closes without.

If your test light goes out with oil pressure, your should have it......I'd check for cobbled wiring under dash and or bad pressure switch.

BUT.....I would also get an el-cheap-o mechanical oil pressure gauge and check it for pressure too.......I'd hate to ruin a good Mag18 thinking you were chasing an electric problem when you really had an oil pressure issue!!! Mine all run between 20psi and 60psi depending on oil wt. and operating temp.

Light should be off at around 5 psi, if I recall correctly....

Pressure switches are cheap...might just replace in case it's sticking intermittently.

Thanks Steve, I think I will take your advice and get gauge to be sure. I heard these things are good for shorting out too.

I just tore apart a M18 that “ran when parked” but had no oil pressure at the sensor when I got it going again. Turned out the oil pump gear broke.

The sensor should open between 2-5 psi.

Latest posts

Back