• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need carb off of a KT-17 to get the linkages right.

Walbro is OK as long as it is clean and not too lean.

Its ready I hope!

290809.jpg

Vincent, Your 1806 Looks great. It obviously is in much better condition then mine. Let me know how well it pulled that 2 bottom plow, or how much time your front wheels stayed on the ground! ROFL

My 1806 performed great, it ran smooth and had plenty of power, but as I mentioned in the Montrose Plow Day Thread the plowing conditions were very nice. I do believe I'll find a 102 or 122 rear and stick it under my 1806 to have a bit faster 2nd gear(19 tooth versus the 17 tooth). I don't need to be as fast or faster than everyone else with their hydros, it seems there's always someone who thinks faster is better. I just don't want to be the slow guy out there.

I had put a used clutch in this, along with trueing up the clutch plates, it does slip a little bit. When or if I tear it down to repaint I'll install install a better clutch system, maybe a aftermarket kevlar clutch or something.

I barely had enough weight on the land wheel or the left rear tire, I'll either add some fluid into the tube or add some weight. if the plowing conditions were harder I would have spun this left tire a lot.

I'll also take Steve Bluniers advise and install an adjustable carb off a KT-17 motor.

Overall this is a smooth running Cub, easy to steer, comfortable to drive. A few more things to fix repair or replace and I'll have a very nice Plow tractor.

Although a hydraulic lift would be nice. I'll have to scratch my head and think about this for a while.

I parked it in my shed after the plow day and have not looked it over for any loose bolts, etc. since this plow day.

Vincent,
Glad to hear your 1803 runs good. Inquiring minds want to know whatever happened to the two bottom plow? Did your arm wear out attempting to lift it, or when lifted were the front tires hanging in the air? You have motivated me to work on my 1806, in the spring!

Vince-
Congrats on the "new" ride working well at Plow Day.

If you want SLOW, try driving an Original at the next PD you attend.

I'm thinking of installing a magazine-rack on the back of the Plow Special for those long range furrows...
baldguy.gif

291276.jpg

2 bottom plow worked fine, but there was too much deep plowing going on. It was tough to keep it from plugging up. If I were to follow my own plow furrow I could have plowed all day with it. Lifting it was no problem, it really does not weigh much more than a regular 10" brinly plow. Of course I have a Spring Assist on this 1806.

Kraig, I know what you're saying. I got the pleasure of plowing with Art's Plow Special. Plus I've watched Original lead the way while plowing. Still good fun!

Vince, have another cup of coffee,
coffee.gif
that was Art that posted about slow Originals...

Is a vertical shaft Magnum 17hp engine much the same as my horizontal shaft Magnum 18 engine?

I ask because I was given a 1720 was was inside a collapsed shed. I know nothing about its condition other than the hood and grill were destroyed, and its been sitting for at least for over a year.

Back