• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthomley

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Vincent Thomley
Here's my new to me 1806. I traded a 123 and 125 for it. I also got a 50" mower deck, a huge snowthrower, and a snow blade.

255611.jpg

255612.jpg

Vince:
thumbsup_old.gif

Must've been a hard decision, but from the looks of the weather forecast you'll be able to try her out!
happy.gif

Vince--Nice rig with some great attachments! Let us know how it works.
greenthumb.gif

I was planning on hooking the snowthrower up last night but it was COLD outside. Plus the kids plowed already with the Arctic Cat 400LE and blade. Maybe tonight... I did not get the wheel weights shown in the pics, but I have some so if I'm up to the task tonight I'll try to hook up the thrower and put on some wheel weights so I can maybe blow some in my face...

Well I got he beast of a Snowthrower attached, its a Model H48. Nothing light about it - well the rear of the 1806 is now rather light. I'll make a rear weight bracket and add some wheel weights soon just so I can maybe try this thing out. It appears there is more snow in our forecast. I mounted the thrower and chains then moved to my heated garage. Here's a pic of it warming up. I would have tried it out last night if my belt was not is such poor condition.

255741.jpg

Drive shaft flex couplings are going to needed...

255742.jpg

It's definitely not in new or great condition but I'll get it working fine in time. I see in my shed it leaves its mark, a couple little drops of oil on the floor, probably one or 2 in my garage too.

Does this have ISO motor mounts like a Quietline?

Vince-
No iso-mounts on the 82-series tractors. You don't need them with the smooooooth twin cylinder engines most of them have. (But it looks like you do need some new rag-joints on that thing!)

I bet you're going to get a really strong right arm lifting that thing! Does the snowthrower have some helper spring on it that you can tighten? (I seem to remember the H-48 I had here having them?)
1a_scratchhead.gif

That's a nice looking rig. Get some weight on the back and give it heck!

Wait, did you say MORE snow this weekend????
bash.gif

Yep, that's the helper spring I was remembering...

Give it a couple of twists. Or...

Like Wyatt used to say, "Crank it tight until it squeals and turns blue, then back it off half a turn."
proud.gif

Added to the herd last week, traded a K321 running engine for a 1806. Tractor is kinda rough. The clutch looks exactly like Vincent's picture. Clutch is shot, throwout bearing locked up, and clutch engagement arm mangled. Needs a starter as well, did manage to get it running today by finding a good spot on the starter and had the M18 purring like a kitten. Lots of $$$$ needed to get it right. If only I could find a 782 that needed an engine........... Was wondering if somebody could educate me on the differenc between a M18 and KT17 series2 engine.

Nice looking tractor Vince! That snow blower is like a Buick, you might want to get some 50 lb plates from the sporting goods section
lazerburn.gif

The KT17 and the Mag18 are the same basic architecture. the KT17 in the 782 is a points style with splash oil system similar to a reg single cylinder Kohler. The later KT17 series II engine has a pressurized oil system with a filter.

The Magnum 18/20 engines have a magneto ignition system and seem to run much smoother. Lots of updated parts over the KT's. the Mags also come standard with pressurized oil systems and filters.

The Mag is a direct bolt in replacement for the KT with the addition of a relay added to the wiring to properly fire the magneto.

Nic B, Thanks for the Kohler twin education. Sounds like the Mag18 is the one to own, I understand they also made a Mag20 and I noticed Steve B seems to like them.

Both the Mag 18 and 20 are good horses (they also made a Mag 15 twin BTW).

I have several Mag 18's and a Mag 20, very reliable and strong running engines.

I'm soon to compare the 20hp Mag to a 21hp Kubota 3 cyl gasser........we'll see!?!?!?!?

The only thing out there that pulls harder than a Mag 20 is a Onan 19.9 (982). They are finicky, but have huge torque reserve.

Yesterday I was thinking I need to get this 1806 running. I need to re-assemble the Clutch and install it, bolt the motor back in, etc. I clean 10 plus pounds of oil soaked dirt and debris from inside the frame of this and the motor shields.

Vincent,

I noticed the same issue with the new to me 1806. Oil soaked frame. Remote filter has a leak on supply line to the filter housing, think fitting needs to be tightened.

Steve B. as previously mentioned the Kohler KT17 series1 was splash lube crank with points, the KT17 series2 was pressure lube with points, the Mag18 was a magneto version of the KT17 series2. What is the difference between the mag18 and mag20 (please do not say 2hp followed by ROFL) and what is the mag15?

Latest posts

Back