• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1711 steering play

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswartz

displayname
Randy Swartz
Hi all. I just became the proud owner of a 1711 Hydro late last summer, so I'm still in the process of becoming familiar with the way everything works on this fine piece of equipment. This tractor is in wonderful condition for being 22 years old. I have added Gator blades to my 44" deck and made clutch adjustments since I bought it. Now I have some play in the steering system to deal with. What can I do to conquer some of this problem without pulling the entire steering column for a rebuild? Thanks in advance for your input.

First thing I would check would be the tie rod ends at the axle and where it attaches to the steering box. They might be worn enough to give you some play.

Then check to see that the box is bolted up tight to the frame and no slack between steering wheel and shaft.

Latest posts

Back