169 OWNERS COLLECT HERE

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bling Day for Andy:
$10 cup holder from the auction site (seller from Albion, Maine):
260401.jpg

260402.jpg

260403.jpg

The new tag on the seat base says LIMITED EDITION
260404.jpg

I got stuck at VIP (O'Reilly) this morning waiting for a PT Cruiser inspection. (It didn't pass
bash.gif
).
happy.gif

Hey!!!!,,,,,That's a KW holder!
Had 4 of in my truck, 2 in the sleeper and 2 in the cab!!

OOOPs!! Do us 169less peons even get to look at this thread, uch less post on it!!!

Dave S

Dave: There's no such thing as a 169less - there's 169wouldliketohavesandonewillcome (IMHO). For my part, I check in here every day that I can (pretty much every day). Because of Andy I have to part with (not out) some of my "collection" and it's a hard road to go down. This may sound silly but I told Jeanne tonight that my "love affair" with the Cub Cadets is boiling down to the 169 (and maybe a 123, 125,a couple 149's). Aw, <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>, I'm screwed, aren't I?
beerchug.gif
happy.gif

TOM H.: Your contribution to the GARAGE keeps me going there first (and second .. and third)
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank - I'm glad you've "seen the light" and are now fully on the hydro side. And I also check the Garage, the Sandbox, and then the main page ever day. I was sorta hoping Tom would start with a Garage POTD. Jeff starting running short for this page, but I think Tom could post all the time in the Garage.

I never understood why anybody put a can or cup holder on their CC. Yes, I drink beverages while I mow, it's hot most of the time when I mow, takes me 4-5 hours even with the 982, longer with the 72. But I drink 12 and even 16 oz. beverages so fast that I never have a chance to set them down before they're empty. Now a COOLER... and maybe a small recycle bin to hold the emptys on a CC would be worth-while.

Dennis - I'm surprised and figured you of all people would know the cup holder is really a status thing. If you ain't got one you ain't nobody.
biggrin.gif

(By the way, I ain't got one)

Dennis - Coronas are too good to chug - Old Milwaukee or Blatz, maybe, but gotta sip and savor a Corona....

Problem with anything fizzy is that a Cub will shake the fizz out between the first and second sip if you put it in the cup holder between them.. I took an old speaker magnet and glued a can Koozy to the top of it and some padding on the bottom to protect the paint- place it on the tunnel for quick draw...
beer2.gif

HARRY - I don't have many cup holders either. My pickup only has one tiny one just big enough for a soda can, which I use to hold my tire pressure gauge. My car & Wife's SUV has two in the center console of each, which are both normally full of receipts, change, the dog's leash, or other small items like sun glasses.

GERRY - I don't even like Corona WITH a lime. And without a lime I can't drink it. But Coors Light is cheap, case of 18 16 oz cans for $15.99 at Kwik-Trip where I buy my gas.

I like the occasional Blue Moon, or a local brew called Spotted Cow brewed by New Glaris (WI) Brewery. But my favorite beer in Dos Equis Amber. It's best when you cook Brats in it! But the local liquor store that handles it gets $11 for a 6-pak of 12 oz bottles. So I don't have it very often.

I did try a 9-pak of Coors Light in the pint alum. "Bottles" a week or two ago. Works great for use while "Working", you could reseal the bottle while "Working". Had a co-worker who swallowed a wasp while taking a break from building his deck on his new house. Got stung on the back of his tongue, spent a day in the hospital and missed a week of work. Thats why I drink my beverages so fast now. Less time for things you don't want to swallow to invade your drink.

Dennis great taste in beer!! I don't drink a lot, but I appreciate good tasting hooch (maybe I don't, seeing as how I drink the Mexican national replacement for water).

As far as car cup holders, my SportTrac has four on the console and one in each door pocket which was more than enough until I reacquired a copilot/navigator/SO ... Now we need two for her keys, phone, hair brush, etc. and at least two others are reserved... I had to exercise owners rights just to get the one closest to the center arm rest...
lol.gif

Who'd have thought a simple $10 cup holder would lead to the hijacking of a thread?
happy.gif

As the politicians say: "I'll take complete responsibility" (knowing that not a damn thing is going to happen to me, anyway.
happy.gif

260470.jpg

That being said, the K341 is an hour over the halfway point to 100 hours. Using about an ounce of oil per hour. Cheap entertainment because I'm still enjoying sitting on my a$$ and mowing grass.
smile.gif

BTW, I've contacted the auction site seller that I got the rebuild kit from and told him that his Taiwanese (BBT) parts are holding up.
happy.gif

Tom H.: Angels don't shave their armpits?
shhh.gif

Dennis - ever since I spent 2 years in England and had to drink warm beer, my taste buds really changed. Now I pretty much stick to you name it cheap ice cold draft. I did have an occasion to have a little pricier draft out here called "Moose Drool" Brown Ale by the Big Sky Brewing Company. Charlie might be familiar with them. Even tho it's brown it has a lighter taste, and it sure nuff is refreshing.

Frank - thanks for taking complete responsibility. You're beginning to see why Charlie wants on topic posts only. I don't think IH even had a cup holder in their refrigerator.

Now - about your K341 burning 1oz oil every hour. That sure seems like alot to me. I don't think I'd be telling that guy his parts are holding up. We need some others opinions on here.

beerchug.gif

Harry: My bad. I have an opinion. Go put some hours on your 169 and come back and tell us about its oil use.
happy.gif

I'm in a "them what can does and them what can't teaches" mode.
Andy and I are gaining a mutual respect for each other. He's realizing that no matter what he trys to do to quit that I can win the argument and we can keep on going.
happy.gif

Tom: Tickles is good.
BedFart.gif

Thread Hijacking?? What's that? (this place don't have no stinkin' rules does it ????).. If it did, I'm sure Charlie would say ..........oh wait, he did ..
wedgie.gif

Just kidding, Frank - you know Dennis and I are liable to start off topic anyplace...
angel.gif
angel.gif

MAN... This is the most "On-Topic" thread on this forum.

HARRY - Never been to England, but will get there someday. My Folks spent three weeks touring Germany & Austria about 30 yrs ago. All the contractors cleaning up the outsides of the old buildings drank beer freely while working high up on scaffolding. OSHA sure wouldn't approve of that here! Their beer had to be getting warm by the end of the work day too.

FRANK - I would say your K341 has some more "Breaking in" to do yet. A little oil consumption is normal, but more in the range of 2-3 oz in 5-6 hours. My K321 with all OEM Kohler rebuild parts, piston, rings, rod, exh valve, gaskets took closer to 100 hours to totally "break-in". I used it to spray with when it had about 30-40 hrs on it and all that light loading & idling wasn't good on that fresh an engine.

Frank - I don't like putting hours on my 169. I worry alot about the Grenade Gears wearing out. I try to put about 10-15 minutes on it a few times a year. In the last 11 years the oil level has never been below the full mark on the dip stick - I almost hate to say this, but I think I actually only changed it about 5 or 6 times in those 11 years. So my lack of burning oil could be due to non-use. I was really hoping others would chime in about how much oil they are burning. I'm sure hoping Dennis is right and you're still breaking in so you'll eventually get down to about 2-3oz burn every 5-6 hrs, which is more of what I would expect.

Harry - I appreciate and understand how nice your 169 is (better than new), but damn - what a waste of a fine tool.... It's like having a Purdy shotgun, a fine bottle of scotch or a beautiful wife and just looking at 'em. But I do understand - I know how it felt when I found the first scratch on my Street Glide, but I gotta ride..... Don't you ever get the urge to go play in the dirt with it???

coffee.gif

Latest posts

Back