• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1512D Won't go Forward, Back or Lift

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgalante

displayname
Stephen Galante
Guys, I just had my 1512D at the beginning of the garden, was getting ready to use the cultivator and now the tractor won't move. It won't go forward, reverse, and the hydraulics don't lift. I had just changed the transmission fluid at the end of last year when I put on the 3 point hitch. The transmission fluid looks very clean, and didn't seem too low. I added some, but the tractor won't do anything. I don't see any leaks, nor have I seen any puddles on the garage floor, where it sat most of the winter. I had already done some plowing and discing in the garden earlier today, with NO problems. I went under the center portion of the tractor, and the drive shaft is spinning. When I put the lever forward and back, it seems like everything is connected, from what I can see. Any ideas???

Thanks in advance. SteveG

stephen
check the rollpin in the back by the charge pump, the shaft will still spin but pump wont turn

Trent, Thank you. I found the part #SU-9004875-0076 in the lookup. I'll have to wait until tomorrow when it is light out, to see if I see anything. Is that something that can be replaced, or does it involve the entire pump be replaced? Hopefully I will be able to see it better tomorrow.

One last question. I am going to have to drag the mower out of the yard. Is there anything I should or MORE Importantly, NOT DO when towing it? Should I put the handle to make it go forward, forward, or just leave it in the "neutral" position. I don't want to hurt anything. Thank you again.... SteveG

Trent means the spirol pin that connects the rear coupler to the trans input shaft, not the little pin in the charge pump. See if the pump itself is turning. This is most likely the problem.

Go SLOW...don't pull it with a car or something. The auto-release valves will let it roll slowly. Leave the hydro lever in neutral.

Matt & Trent,

That is it. I just took a better look at it this morning. I'm surprised I didn't see that it was just spinning freely when I looked at the driveshaft yesterday. It looks like the Self Aligning Bushing and Pin are gone. Now, what caused them to come off, I don't know. I did have the driveshaft worked on late last year. They had to replace the cooling fan, the flexible discs and a few other parts. I am just hoping that it isn't something serious in the pump (or whatever it is attached to) that caused it to seize.

I am just going to pull it about 75 yards with my Dad's Cub Cadet, so we won't go too fast.
Thanks again. SteveG

Your bushing and coupling were probably just worn out. I'd replace the bushing/coupler and put it back together and test it out. Replacing that bushing makes a big difference.

Glad to here that thats all it was Stephen. I'm never that lucky!Make sure the pin holes are not too worn out. I had a 1250 that I had to drill out and put a metric roll pin in cause the originals would fly out

Trent

Got the tractor back from the repair place yesterday. That coupler/bushing is ONE expensive piece of metal. $109 for the part, plus about an hour to take everything apart and reinstalled. Also needed new roll pins obviously. Amazing how large the hole in that coupler wore. But I guess I've had it for 13 years now, and don't know if the previous owner had ever replaced it, so I guess it's not too bad. Maybe it's time to invest in a repair manual, so I can save the labor costs on things like this, not to mention the 30 miles back and forth to the dealer, but the repair guy has always been honest as heck with me, for what does and doesn't need to get replaced. (He actually didn't replace the coupler the last time he was in there, because he didn't want me to waste over $100 when he thought it would hold OK for awhile) I'll stick with him. He's a collector himself. I guess he has 6 or 8 IH Cubs, mostly things like 127's (or something like that) I think he said. I'll have to get him associated with this forum, so he can help when needed. Thanks again for all those that diagnosed the problem. SteveG

Back