• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1512 D Hard Steering/Steering Upgrade?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsmith

displayname
Larry N, Smith
I'm looking for information to adjust my steering and possibly upgrade it . When I turn to the left I have (I'm guessing) 40% less turning radius than when turning to the right. Any suggestions? Also, It is difficult to steer.

Larry s

I would buy a rebuild kit and take the steering box apart and rebuild it.On the side of the box you will find a stud with a slot in it and a nut to hold the stud in place. The studs pointy end goes into the worm gear on the steering shaft. If the stud was installed and the steering was not centered you will lose steering on one side.Just about a three hr job If it goes good to do a repair.

Back