• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1512 and sleeve hitch implements?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgalante

displayname
Stephen Galante
I have a Cub Cadet Model 1512 from 1985. I would like to be able to use the implements my father has from his retired Model 1450 (circa 1972). They are what I believe are Sleeve Hitch attachments. I left Travis a note at his email address last week, and haven't heard from him. Is that because it is a post 1981 Cub Cadet that I am asking about? I was told by another Cub Cadet place, that I need to purchase a Category "0" 3 point hitch and a Sleeve hitch adapter. Has anyone done this before, and if so, where is the best place to find the parts to do so? I have been in contact with a place called Carter & Gruenewald, but their prices seem quite high, for unpainted parts. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, SteveG.

You have been given correct information. The 1512 uses a Category 0 3-point, and the 1450 uses the older 3-point that is unique to IH Cub Cadets, and requires an adapter to use sleeve hitch implements. You'd need the Cat 0 hitch on your 1512 and also an A-frame adapter (maybe someone else will see this and post a picture of one) to use the sleeve hitch implements on a 1512. You won't find a better deal on a new hitch than the ones from C&G. I believe the hitch is NLA from Cub Cadet, and used ones rarely show up, and when they do, they'll easily bring what a new one costs. Used ones will rarely be as complete as a brand new one too. And with the value of a Diesel cub, this will just make it worth more. I can understand the cost thing though, I have a 782D (same thing but red) and I can't yet afford to equip it with a 3-point. Hope this helps...

Stephen - There's several other sponsors up above to check with if you want to compare prices. Then for us broke ppl there's always the classifieds.

Matt - build one!

Thanks for the replies so fast. Being a computer guy, I knew the internet was the place to come. It does look like that guy Travis, does have many of the parts on the website http://ccspecialties.org/
I was hoping he could have the parts available, since it looks like he has parts made also. I'll check back with the links above. It does look like the one for cubcadet.airnet.com may have all the parts also. I'll have to contact them. Thank you again. I'll keep you guys up to date on what happens. SteveG

Here is a picture of my 782, catO and adapter. I do not recall who took this picture at Plow Day.
62026.jpg

Matt and Stephen, drop me an email. I know where there is an extra used CatO setup and new sleeve hitch adapter. Pretty close to my house too. Like in my garage!

Back