• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 pros and cons

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you meant that the "PTO" would not disengage, that should be an easy fix. Yes, I would consider the 149 worth owning. Wide frame, 14hp, hydraulic lift, hydrostatic drive.

I'm very happy with mine. PTO, providing you can get the 6, count 'em, 6 setscrews out (3 "lock" setscrews on top of 3 cone point setscrews), is not hard to fix. Look up details on other threads, make sure release arm button is centered on PTO. As with all of the IH Cubs, very tough old beasts. Heh, if the tail light lenses are in good shape, some of us are willing to pay nutzo prices for those . . . if you just want a worker, like mine.
IMG_1014.JPG

If the PTO wouldn't release for them, I'd venture a guess and say the center button broke / flew out. Now the lever cannot reach and release the clutch. Pretty easy fix if it is that.

Love my 149. If the tractor runs, the PTO is not really a hard fix even if you have to pull it and rebuild it. Hopefully the button fell off and that is all that is wrong with it. It is the wear point between the arm that presses on the PTO and the PTO nose. Once gone, it won't release/turn off.

Lots of truth there. If he was that hard to deal with, likely better to not have to deal with in person....after 3 hour drive!

Seems like a lot of people now will sell ya something they know is not going to work properly after a " carb clean " or " I haven't had time to get it going " just to get rid of it and make some $$$...

Back