• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1210 diesel?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwing

displayname
BC Wing
Please forgive my ignorance of non-IH cubs - I'm looking tomorrow at a "1210 with 3-cyl Kubota Diesel". As far as I can tell, the 1210 was not a diesel model - was there an equivilent diesel model that the engine could have been swapped from? These are very similar to the 682/782 series, correct? Anything to watch out for? My experience is limited to my tired but faithful 122.

Thanks for the help.

BC,
In 1985 the 1210 had a B&S, then up through 89 they switched to a 12 horse Kohler, so it's hard to say what tractor that smoker came from. We'll be able to tell more after we see a pic or 3 or some spec numbers off the engine.
Anything to watch out for? If it runs well and looks like a pro retrofit, and it's cheap enough, go for it. ;-P

Thanks for the info - that's what I was looking for. Did the 1210 have the same frame and transmission as the '82 series? I'm looking for something a little bigger and heavier than my 122. I'll post pics tomorrow if I pick it up.

Yes they did pretty much, I think there was front axle change somewhere in there but can't for the life of me remember when, I'll find out though. Take pics even if ya don't get it. ;-P

Well, it turns out that the "1210" was actually a "1512". It looked pretty decent, but it had been sitting in a snowbank for a few years and wouldn't start. Since it's -5 out, I'm not too surprised. If the guy can get it started, I'll take another look at it. Sorry, no pics this time - too cold!

Latest posts

Back