• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul,

thumbsup.gif

Paul-

I wanted to email you but your email address wasn't in your profile. Send me an email. I have something to ask you. My email address is in my profile.

Thanks!

Very nice work Paul! The yellow rims look very good too! Back in early June of this year, I had painted my rear 6-12 rims Cub Cadet Yellow, with Cub Cadet White center, keeping the axel hub yellow, of course. I have yet to finish, but I have found too much encouragement from the pictures, so I can better carry on with my 72 project the very best I can! Thank you!

Paul, very nice! One of it's big brothers was at RPRU 2009 in Madison, WI:

262731.jpg

It does look great, Paul! Please forgive me, tho, but those narrow front tires don't belong on wide rims. I first noticed that back aways when I did it myself.
happy.gif

P.S. I just turned the page. Pic away!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank,

Wrong. The front tires are not on wide wheels. They are 3.50 x 8 tires on narrow wheels from an Original or early 70/100. Those wheels had more "roll over" at the bead area than the other narrow wheels.

FRANK, PAUL - Technically, the 3.50X8's should be on a 2-1/2" x 8 wheel which IH never used, but Ed Miller told me they work O-K on the 3-5/8"x8 wheels. I'd use the 4.00X8's which are designed for the 3-5/8"x8 wheel. Just don't try to air either one of those two sizes of tire up on the 5-3/8" wide wheels for the 16-6.50X8's unless you want them to blow up in your face in spite of what people on another forum say.

But I sure like the "2102" anyhow!
thumbsup.gif

But I sure like the "2102" anyhow!
thumbsup_old.gif

There's another forum?
whistling.gif

Dennis
That is true, but all 4.00 x 8's are not created equally as far as height goes, and some are tall enough that they raise the nose of the tractor (probably not as much as it appears but still raised) and you can't always specify brands when you order them. Millers catalog says "brands may vary" for the 3.50 and 4.00 size. I like the GBC brand for the 4.00's but can't always find them, so I use the 3.50's if I don't have a brand choice, because if anything they will lower the nose a bit and not raise it. It's all in what you like.

PAUL - That's completely true about the height of the 3-rib frt tires, especially the 3.50 & 4.00X8's. Miller does sell a Vredestein 3-rib frt, their V60 that has a nice profile and the company website shows the section width & diameter are held to within +/- 2%. They're supposed to go on a 2-1/2" "A" x 8" wheel. You pay a little more for the Vredesrein's, but IMO they're worth it. http://www.vredestein.com/agricultural-industrial-tyres/small-agriculture-4-12-rim-diameter/v60/sizes/

Over on the RPM board, guys have even complained about large rear farm tires being WAY out of size on width & diameter. When your trying to match up for duals, the diameter and static loaded radius gets REAL important.

Back