• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

winter storage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cub1961

somebody asked the other day about it. i’ve had these caps sitting around for years. i knew they would come in handy for something eventually. just need about 4 more.

Attachments

• F6A9DD14-EC58-4F0A-B8BD-29715B2C5C97.jpeg
    F6A9DD14-EC58-4F0A-B8BD-29715B2C5C97.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 4
ya wind up on this hill is stiff. i’m going to sink some stakes on both sides and ratchet strap them down. that should suffice for here

i have not used shipping containers but they would work i'm sure. these truck caps can usually be found for less than 100 bucks or free around here. i am now on the lookout for them. i also got the used concrete blocks for free. while they may not be the most elegant storage, they fit right in with my place. no HOA's around here. and the neighbors (deer, turkey, squirrel, etc) don't seem to mind. mice might be a problem but i will keep a close eye on them. i need to research some sort of mouse repellent to sprinke around underneath.

Shipping container would be mouse, insect and water proof. Not as cheep as a truck cap but a whole lot more room and permanent. Just had one delivered and set, 20' for $3500 with 2 year guarantee.

for keeping mr mouse away; we have used cayenne pepper around equipment in the barns and it has worked very well
You can feed them expired soda pop and it blows them up from the inside As long as it’s out side it works, better than antifreeze it kills anything that eats the leftover mouse ! (Cats-birds).

You can feed them expired soda pop and it blows them up from the inside As long as it’s out side it works, better than antifreeze it kills anything that eats the leftover mouse ! (Cats-birds).
Antifreeze killing animals is old school. That was outlaws years ago.

When I worked for West Texas Cat the big equipment would get wiring damage and I would take drano/dry red devil toilet drain additive and cookie dough wrapped up with bacon grease and leave big rolls inside the dozers, scrapers, and grader’s always got them !!!! Make sure the grease is on the out side and vent your noise away from the fumes !!!

Latest posts

Back