• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Who's got what out there! Let's See what you have!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrian,

I think the 682 and 782 are basically the same tractor except for the ported hydro drive to power the hydraulic lift on the 782. Engines on both were the same KT-17 Series 1.

25912.jpg

Not many of those left anymore!!!!

Steve B: You are right they are hard to find. This one is a model 3200A and runs & operates good. Shown is is a boom made to fit and is on on the forklift attachment. I also have the bucket attachment. It does not have the optional ROPS or the front hydraulics option. I have been lucky and have found all the Manuals: Operators, Chassis BSRM, Wisconsin engine BSRM, and Parts. Slickest little ole hay bale mover I've ever used...
Myron B

Scary to think ROPS were OPTIONAL on skid loaders at one time isn't it?!?!?!?

Have fun with that cute little rig, and be carefull.

here's my 126 ready for another michigan winter - with a fresh coat of paint on the blade
board-post.pl

Can anyone tell me the last year MTD stopped making the Cub tractor that would accept all the implements from the original IH Cubs? As far as I can tell, the 'Cyclops' labeled garden tractors are the last of the breed but I'm not sure. If so what it the last production year of these?

hi, new here just thought I'd post a couple of pics of a 582 I just picked up the other day. never had a red cub but it sure impressed me. now for some mowing fun and figuring out what else I can hook up to it.
285954.jpg

285955.jpg

Michael K. I'm sure there are some great people that will be able to provide that answer for you. Just be patient.

Eugene F. GREAT score. You'll love that little tractor. Congatulations!!!

Eugene...Nice looking 582. Welcome to the Forum. A lot of great and wise people on here.

Michael k, I do not know answer to your question but I'm thinking maybe 1981ish,
dunno.gif

Here's my 1989 Model 1806. Its currently in pieces getting slowly refixed-ed, not refurbished yet. It was in rough shape, had an oil leak most of its life I think. I took at least 10 pounds of crud off the insides of the motor shields(I should have taken pics). Plus many other odd PO "fixes"...geez, like the fine thread 1/4-28 nut on the 1/4-20 air cleaner stud - I got this fixed plus I found the correct wing nut in the curd down in on top of the motor. Hopefully the Mag18 will run for many years for me. I figure it made it through the worse years of its life

286164.jpg

Mike! 1997 is the last year for the Cyclops. These were the last GTs & SGTs built on the Spread Frame used from the red 82 series through the Cyclops series. It utilized the quick-tach system from previous models. I have an 1864, absolutely love it!

Eugene, awesome score on the 582! Gotta say I'm jealous! If you ever want to get rid of it, I might be able to help you find a home for it ;)

Vincent, nice 1806! Dontchya just love PO mods??! Keep up the good work!

Trent...Read your post and see you have an 1864. I also have one I'm putting together. I could use some help from you if that would be possible. Long story short, I'm building 1 from 2 and the electrical is driving me nuts.
bash.gif
I have wiring diagrams but nothing seems to be matching up. If you could email me some pics or even call me, any help you could give me would be a BIG help.

Thanks

Ron, sure thing! The wiring can be a slight pain on those but isn't too bad if you look at one wire at a time. Shoot me an email so we can get it figured out!! [email protected]

Trent

Latest posts

Back