• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What year - 383?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Mo

displayname
Terry Reed
My brother told me about a Cub Cadet that's been sitting by the highway for the past several months. So today I go by there, and there sat this 383 Hydro. No deck, but the tractor itself looked real nice. So, since no one was home, I left my number. Hopefully I'll here back from them.

But, what year(s) was the 383 made?

Hi Terry R..

My info says 1982, 1983 & 1984 for the Model 383. The info off the data plate will allow me to tell you which...

The 383 is the CCC Yellow/White version of the Red IH Model 382H (Hydro). As a Lawn Tractor (LT), the 383 came from the factory with a mowing deck. Check to see where it went..

If you get it, I can provide you with a copy of the spec sheet for the 82 series Lawn Tractors.

The Operators Manual probably is available from www.binderbooks.com. It is IH Publication 1 096 368 R1. This is a Red & White IH cover. Later editions (higher R numbers) were Black & White (MTD/CCC likely took over the printing...)

PS: It's a Cadet NOT a Cub Cadet!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

Sorry, I knew it was a lawn tractor, and in such I wasn't that interested in it, but it looks pretty good. I haven't realized it was only a Cadet!

But, I've found a CC 123 that's not too bad of a shape - might see about getting that one instead.

Terry R: Naaaah!!, Naaaah!, Ya gotta get'em both!!
wink.gif
. It's what I'd do, but then I've got Yellow/White Fever pretty bad....Seriously, you won't regret having both of them, if the prices are right...There is lots of help on the forum for either/both machines...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

Terry go for the little one to. Some time you just don't need a big horse. I miss not having my 95 electric up and running it can go places that my wide frames will never fit in to. I'd like a small lawn tractor as well, they work good in the garden for hauling plants and seed in the spring and harvesting all year round you just can load down the trailer to much.
bouncy.gif

I would go get both, but I have a few already, just different colors. I have 3 Wheel Horses and 2 JDs, so I wanted to add some yellow into the mix. I'm selling one of my Wheel Horses to finance a CC.

BTW, the owner of the 383 said he has the deck, but it doesn't run or doesn't run right. Carb problems, maybe. He has $250 into is and wants $200. I'm leaning towards the 123. I did find a 682 with a bad engine, but I think he's a little high on $.

Terry: The engine in that 383 is a just a normal horizontal B&S and fairly simple to work on. There is a carb kit for that engine as well as points, condenser, etc., readily available. If the Owner has the deck, and the tractor itself is in good shape, something round the $200.00 mark wouldn't be bad for one of the best lawn mowers ever made....However, given the owner's perceived problems with the engine, you can probably get that cost figure down some....

The Model 123, on the other hand, is a Garden Tractor (GT) and the first Cub Cadet model to have the Sundstrand Hydrostatic transmission. Like all ground engaging tractors (large & small), it was sold by IH as a tractor only. It had, amongst many dealer options, a 38" 3-blade deck or a 42" 3-blade deck. You will like it.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

Kraig: Yep,I should have said Vertical shaft....!!Thanks.

Myron B

Terry R: Naaaah!!, Naaaah!, Ya gotta get'em both!!View attachment 21225. It's what I'd do, but then I've got Yellow/White Fever pretty bad....Seriously, you won't regret having both of them, if the prices are right...There is lots of help on the forum for either/both machines...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com
Would you have the specs for a 123 by any chance? Engine specs ?

http://cubfaq.com/enginespecs.htmlA 123 should have a K301. There are tons of other things to learn in the Cub FAQs: Forums tab above, technical forums, IHCC tractor forum, fifth thread down, follow the link there.

Latest posts

Back