• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What model is this

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitchell

displayname
steve mitchell
does anyone know what model this is
113524.jpg

It's a 2000 series, but without any more info or a picture that's bigger than and inch and a half across, that's all that can be said at this point
wink.gif

i can get this for 125 buck what do you guys think about it an what size mortor comes in it

Steve- Would help if you posted a couple more pics, and larger. Side and front shot.
buttrock.gif

It would be helpful to have more pictures. But, for $150, you can't go wrong - even if it needs an engine.

hey guys i'm going on wensday to get it the girl called an asked if i wanted it for 100 bucks an i said sure when i get it i'm gonna go over it an either keep it or sell it i'm not sure yet thanks for the help i'll post pics when i get it

i got the tractor it an 18 hp its model is 2185 it has 459 hours on it no side covers i put a new battiry in it an it wont turn over i can turn it by hand can anyone help me

Steve did you check out all the possible safety switches? Position of the brake clutch, or is power take off engaged ,or for corrosion on all connections.
Ground is very important and sometimes over looked at on the frame side.

i hooked the batt up an the oil light comes on an it just clicks i dont know much about the newer stuff i got it for 100 bucks so i couldnt pass it up

Steve,
Well first I don't know if you are sitting on the tractor when trying to start, if you are.

Is power take off disengaged ?

Is the brake peddle pressed far enough to employ that safety mechanism?

some tractors will not attempt to start if not seated, or a weight is on seat.

I'm starting with the simplest things, hope others chime in

Your solenoid is up on the starter on the 2185. Check the connections and listen there for the "click". Good grounds, might be corroded or wore. If not, then check back at the key switch for loose or burnt stuff. Those Commands are great motors and will drop into many older Cub Cadets.

hello guys i replaced the key swich an charged the battery an it started right up an sounds good i got to go over it an then decide what i'm gonna do with it sell it or keep it

Latest posts

Back