• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What are these?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
Untitled.png

Noticed these on a snowthrower and imagine they're to prevent rocks from being thrown through windows, eyeballs etc... is that correct?
If so, are they effective? I'd have thought they'd slow and cause snow to choke at the chute...

Very effective at making a big glob of snow at the end of the chute.

Not sure I've ever even seen a fully intact one.

Matt is right on both counts from my experience.
The 451 blower has a similar chute guard except it is spring loaded on a hinge. I can tell you it does not stop rocks from landing on the roof at my house! I replaced the chute years ago with a "green" one. it was the right size and is made of steel unlike the plastic CC original. there was no guard used on the new chute and I have never had the chute pack up with snow since it was left off.

They are there to prevent the operator from placing their hand into the discharge chute to unclog it. Typical safety item that reduces the effectiveness of the product. They probably caused more clogging and as a result more injuries to (careless) operators.

So here's more pics of this snow thrower...I can't get it out of my mind, I mean look at it...for $200?
I believe I'm going to go get it...I'll end up kicking myself if I don't.

Think I'll clean up and put the one I bought for my 1450 with the 1650 I just bought and sell as a package.
SB1.jpg
SB2.jpg
SB3.jpg
SB6.jpg

That does look to be in very good condition. I would say that $200 is quite reasonable for it.

That's about as cherry as snow throwers get!!!

This is why that guard is there. Fellow forum member lost focus for a split second..........

My guards are not installed either..........but please be extra careful around equipment.
Snow thrower injury.jpg

This is why that guard is there. Fellow forum member lost focus for a split second..........

My guards are not installed either..........but please be extra careful around equipment.View attachment 138675
Growing up on the farm, PTO's and machinery were focus points. My dad insisted that "the moment you think you'll be fine, is the moment right before it goes wrong".
Yes, I'm not a big fan of pain. I'm not afraid to admit that I'll take a few and assess a situation instead of just "diving right in"...and for that I have the least amount of scars to prove it. :)

Latest posts

Back