• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Vista sucks...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya mean you weren't in line a midnight to get a copy ????? See my comments on 11/23 ... Still don't see the business driver until MS and software vendor support drops off for XP. Nothing but bells n' whistles. "Oooooo lookie new shiny thingeees" ..
destroy.gif

Kendell - read my Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 05:38 pm: post ;)

I'm in BAD pain, had some trouble outside a while ago ... can't walk gonna crawl to the house, keep Anthony straight today!

Turning Anthony back over to you.. next time you scare the crap outa me, I'm heading for Kentucky..

50886.gif

Be like everyone else on here, don't pay any attention to me !
Come on down and we'll build a network ;)

XP SUCX too! I just counted 95 security updates on my mosheen !!

Well, I have to say, after my first post in this thread, I installed 64-bit Windows XP and successfully ran that for a while. During that time, I found that Logitech had absolutely no good direction as far as 64-bit OSes, so I dumped all my Logitech stuff.

A few weeks ago, I grabbed our MSDN copy of 64-bit Vista Ultimate and it installed successfully. I've been running for a number of weeks now with no real issues to speak of. As has been mentioned in the trade rags, the real issue is one of drivers.

NVIDIA seems to be pointing all their efforts into their new cards, so the drivers they provided lock my PC up within 10 minutes. Replaced it with an ATI card and no problems at all.

HP is infamous for not supporting their hardware for more than a few years (weeks?). So I wasn't surprised when my 6250 scanner wasn't working. Rather than spend another $500 for a comparable scanner, I bought a copy of VueScan for $80.

The only device that still doesn't work is my Audigy's game port. BFD
wink.gif

My biggest gripes with Vista are that it won't run Procurve Manager Plus and you have to go to the "Run" command in the Start menu to telnet to anything. The telnet issue is a minor aggravation, but not running Procurve Manager Plus is a show-stopper for my work laptop, so it has to stay dual-boot until HP updates their software. I've also run into other minor install issues on various packages, but nothing else that was critical.

I wouldn't pay nearly what MS is asking for such a crippled OS ($399 retail, are they kidding?), but since the copy of Ultimate that is on my work laptop came with our TechNet subscription at work, I'm not out anything, so I figured it'd be worth the time to load it for evaluation purposes. It looks OK, but puts me in mind of the old commercials "Where's the beef?".

The telnet issue appeared in 64-bit XP. 'tis OK, we prefer SecureCRT as we do SSH more than we do telnet. But it was baffling when it first cropped up.

I tell ya what, EVERYTHING seems to install if you turn off AUC
lol.gif

Hi Bryan...I'm not a computer expert. But with a new computer on the horizon, I watch this thread closely and appreciate your commentary. I do have to ask what is "AUC"? That acromyn isn't in my lexicon.

Myron B

Which is not the same as "all your base" .....
proud.gif

Thanks...I guess that turning off "AUC" does indeed solve all computer/internet problems...
bubbly.gif

Myron B

Allen S: If we were talking about telephone terminlogy, that's it. However, we were dealing with MS programs and their computer O/S snafus. Two different worlds. I doubt Bryan had telephone idiosyncracies in mind....

Myron B

Myron...ooooh poo. Thought I had an answer. Looked deeper, and you are correct. Guess we gotta wait for Bryan to tell whats up with complex S/W and OP-SYS. A.

You'll find it out there listed as AUC, AUP and UAC. It's what protects you from yourself in Vista by constantly asking "are you sure you want to do this?" in the hope that people might stop and think about what they're about to do.

All one has to do is look at some of the signups we get here to see that it won't work
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back