• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trying to post pictures in non oem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swalker

displayname
Stan Walker
please help I just joined and can't seam to be able to post a picture

Stan, what happens when you try to post the picture? Do you get an error or? Make sure that the photo that you are trying to post is in "jpg" or "gif" format not "bmp" format. Also the file size has to be 50kb or less I always shoot for less than 49kb to be sure. once you have your picture file in the proper file type and size then try posting it. The picture will not appear in the preview however an image will appear, it toggles between "your image here" and "Oops I goofed!" pulled by a Cub Cadet. This is normal as your image has not been uploaded yet. If you see this you are on the right track. If your text looks good then click on the "post this message" button then you'll be prompted for uploading your image file. You'll have to browse to where your file is then select the file and upload it. Good luck!

cool thanks, the error that came up was your password doesn't match or you are not allowed to post here. I'm trying to post a pic of a modded 107 I've been working on in the non oem forum.

I'll try posting it here
33869.jpg

this is my 107 with a 4cyl military engine I tried posting in the non oem but it won't let me

Stan, Ah! Please post more pictures of that! How about some detail pics?
happy.gif

I'll second that request...

I'll have to take some more pics but I made a custom driveshaft with a u-joint in it so I could tighten the belt I'm trying to come up with a way to get rid of the belt alltogether
33887.jpg

beleave it or not the military only rates at 6 hp but in the real world I would ay around 15-18. I can tell you it is one heck of a puller I've been skidding some 16' 20+" pines on my property with it.

Stan,

You've beat me to it. I have 4 of those engines and have been slowly collecting parts, tools, and info to put them in cubs. I've been slowed by a house remodel project and lack of cub funds but almost have an old welder rebuilt so now I can get serious.

I have done several paper designs afer some trial fits and finally concluded the drive needed to be something like what you have done. I will be installing in a hydro and also want to be able to run a pto. If you have any more pictures I would really appreciate them.

Also, what did you do about a starter? I finally picked up an engine that had the shrouds and a starter but they are 24 volt. Certain Mazda starters can be modified to fit and that is the way I am going. There is a Yahoo group for the engine and you can find the starter details there.

JimE

Jim E: Why not take the 24v starter to a rebuilder and have it rewound for 12 volts??

Myron B

Myron,

Because I am a total DIY type (and retired/funds limited). I may rewind it myself. Besides, that's only one starter and I need at least 4 total. The 12v starters are a lot lighter and smaller. The guys in the Yahoo group are mainly interested in small aircraft so they found a better one. The weight is not so important for a cub but availablity is. The Mazda starter needs machining to fit, I am looking at another way of doing it.

BTW: They claim around 20 hp if they tweak the engine a little. A guy in Florida has been testing for at least a couple of years now.

JimE

here are a couple more pics, I used a s/g and made it simple
33950.jpg

33951.jpg

just an idea but hows about setting up a gallery for photos so they don't get bogged down in the archives just my 2 cents

Stan W.
Good grief man!
You pushin mountains or houses with that thing!
biggrin.gif

JMHO here, but find another gas tank and dump those stacks and you would have a mean lookin tractor there.

Stan, thanks for the additional photos. I'm with Lance, I like it too!
happy.gif

Stan,

That looks great. You might look at starter/flywheels from an outboard. They are small, 12v and pretty powerful. The geared flywheel might be a good fit. Don't have a recommendation for any particular one. There must be a place where outboards go to die.

Just a suggestion.

I don't remember what show it was (Bryan, it's the one I met you at), but there was a fellow there that had a 2 cylinder MilSpec diesel on a modified chassis with a CC rear.

He even added a small Mitsubishi turbo to his.

Very nice rig BTW!

Latest posts

Back