• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trailer jumping and smoking

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eford

displayname
Earl Ford
Last year at Travis' I was loading the old case 220 backwards onto the trailer behind my buddy's cub. He said stop when I was close enough, jerked the directional lever too much and launched me and the tractor off the trailer. Knocked the ramps off as well and I landed 5ft from the trailer and that was something. The tractor is hydraulic driven, not hydrostatic but similar. the forward/reverse valve is in need of replacement and makes the tractor jerky to drive. My little exageration was enough to send it in the full forward position and with still being at full throttle for loading it went all out. That topped the day off because I had it tilted too much in the field and was there a smoke show of oil burning. Some may remember it, whole big cloud. The engine is reverse of cubs and it has a fuel pump. The diaphram in the pump was torn slightly before that and let all that engine oil in with the fuel, and gas in the crankcase. Combined it was a big cloud of smoke that took up a large portion of the field. Looked like it had started on fire but didn't. My friend thought it was halarioius of course and I still don't here the end of it.

Earl, were you the one with the Case Demonstrator and the nice 220?

Earl,

Your post reminds me of the time we were loading the old Sears Suburban 12Hp into my truck with those old picnic table boards. We were idling up in low split 1st(no one riding), tractor got about 3/4 of the way up and crack!!! tractor came down and almost pinned your legs, good thing we didn't break any bones that day.

I wish I had those! Mine is just a regular manual lift 220. Plows good tho.

Earl, is this you?

52077.jpg

You caught me Kraig! Yeah I'm a big lug aren't I? I think I remeber you taking my picture, but not entirely.

Earl, I caught you several times. Oops I even got Hugh S. in this one! I see you wear more then one hat.
happy.gif

52079.jpg

Earl, Jim E. got a good photo of your tractor.

52087.jpg

And Vince T. got a good photo of you.

52088.jpg

Those are great photos! I didn't think anybody really got me that day but I was wrong!

Earl, here's a good one that Charlie took, well more then likely it was his lovely wife that took it.

52095.jpg

The plow wasn't set right and I was shoving it down the whole time I plowed! This year will be better, newer case 220 w/ hydraulic lift and the 1200 from Charlie. Good thing I'm using my friends 16ft tandem to haul all of them! Gonna be a good day rain or shine! I'm using it as a vacation. No worries the whole weekend! Gotta get the windsheild and springs fixed on my 150 and I'll be heading up to see Charlie and cut an access hatch for the 1200,lol. Got to figure out if he's close enough to my sis to visit/stay the night with her and hubby. Good thing we're in the sandbox! Off to bed now.

Earl, I have just the tool to cut that access hatch into Charlies shed.....
construction.gif

52097.jpg

Seeing how I started this with a case I'll continue. My friend Tom got his Case 644 loader working tonight. Case had the fuel tank under the seat and used a fuel pump on the engine. His went bad so he got a low pressure(2-3.5psi) electric fuel pump to replace and it works great! All he needs to do is put a bigger battery in it and he'll be set, could use some wheel weights too. All he's got is the weight box 3/4 filled with various gravel. We're gonna fill it completely and put some wheel weights on it for better traction, already has ags. It has a 14hp kohler that is sufficient, but we're gonna try and stick an 18 hp onan he got from a welder/generator in it. Only problem is if it's too tall or not.

Back