• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The railroad thread...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, that's pretty awesome! Suppose the old girl was getting tired?:
CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY SYSTEM
220354.png

old.gif

Anyone on here ever work for the ROCK ISLAND LINES? My dad did, for several years.
He started out as agent extra man,working in MO,IOWA, KANSAS,TEXAS,ILINOIS.He was an agent in STOVER,VERSAILLES,COLE CAMP and in ELDON.
In later years,when depots started closing he transferd to trainman.
His name is E.V.SMITH
ROD
220680.jpg

old.gif

Adding couple of things.
When the ROCK went bankrupt dad worked for the KATY a couple of years. I wonder if railroading gets in a bloodline? My grandpa also worked for the R.I. as a section hand in the 20's&30's off and on. My dads brother worked in the MOPAC shops in SEDALIA MO.I don't know when or how long.My oldest son works for AMTRAC in TRIANGLE VA. My 6yr old has liked trains since he started playing with toys. And I did not push trains on him. I started him with tractor toys and farm equipment.I graduated high school in 1979,about the time a lot of railroads were having problems.
My dad steered me away or I might have been a railroader.
ROD
220682.jpg

old.gif

KENNY,
How far were you raised from a little town called DURHAM KS.? I lived there when I was very small.
Not sure what years or how long. I was born in SEDALIA,MO.in 1961, but dad & mom lived there when I was born. I believe dad was the depot agent there at the time.
ROD

It was Furley,Ks. You were north of Hillsboro. Furley is about 20 miles N.E. of Wichita. Not sure if it still shows on maps any more.

KennyP

Didn't know there was a railroad thread on here. I was just hired by CSX a couple weeks ago. I just took all of my test this past week and now just waiting for them to process the information and call me to go to Georgia.

Jason WE DEMAND alot of cool pics from you

Good Luck

Jason, CUBgratulations on the new job! Best wishes. Oh and photos would be nice.
happy.gif

Thanks. I will be going to Georgia for training then working not to far from home. I would love to get some pics, however the rr's don't really like people taking pictures of what they are doing....for some reason.

Good luck Jason

I have a neat email of moving train photos played to Amazing Grace it is 7mb if you would like it, email me thru my profile...

thanks Jeff. I'm getting ancy to get going. I have been doing engineering behind a desk for 5 years and I'm ready to get back outside.

jeff that video was pretty cool. the pictures were nice and that song, well one of the best. I liked the bagpipes coming in at the end.

well its official. my official start date for the railroad is the 28th. Can't wait!!!!

I guess these photos can go here. It was snowy and really foggy this morning so I decided to stop and take some photos of the Arcola train bridge that's near my house.

Here's a Youtube LINK to an aerial video of this bridge. My house shows up in several shots.
happy.gif

223297.jpg

223298.jpg

223299.jpg

223300.jpg

That said, I know, I know, keep your head and arms inside the window at all times...

223322.jpg

And above all, don't flush while you're in the station! LOL

Latest posts

Back